• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MightySanta

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Mishawaka
    I really hope this doesn't pick up momentum with other states and create a domino effect. I'm through saying "oh it will never happen here, etc." It has been repeatedly demonstrated that politicians will not always listen to the people who put them there.

And that's why the Founding Fathers said we're to remain armed. Because there will come a time when "they" won't listen.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I had to stop reading it.

I thought to myself while reading this trash, "I wonder how many criminals are reading these new laws"?

I am offended that the life of a first responder is worth more then my own life. I love and appreciate first responders but their life is no more valuble than mine. Why the special treatment. Didn't the fact that murder is illegal cover it all? Of course it did but that didn't work so they figured they would really scare the murderer by saying "if you kill a first responder you will not only be in trouble, NOW you will be in REALLY BIG TROUBLE".

So a folding stock and a pistol grip now makes a shotgun an assault weapon huh? You know what is an assault weapon? A sling shot fired in anger. A baseball bat swung in anger. A knife, a spoon a fork! It's all assault weapons when used to assault someone. Murder and assault are all covered by laws already.

If this BS really worked and they believed it worked then they would no longer have the police carrying weapons. Why would they need them, no one else has them now. Please... they know these things don't work for criminals, it only works on us chumps who care what the laws are. weare the ones that read the laws. We are the ones that obey the law. WE ARE CHUMPS.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    —Restrict ammunition magazines to seven bullets, from the current national standard of 10. Current owners of higher-capacity magazines would have a year to sell them out of state. Someone caught with eight or more bullets in a magazine could face a misdemeanor charge.

This one here just shows what a bunch of crap this whole thing about "Evil Hi-Cap Magazines" is. They could care less if they end up in other states. Just not in OUR state. :rolleyes:

How about putting your money where your mouth is and do a Hi-Cap Mag buy back at market value and destroy them if you are so morally opposed to them?

jefalatho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Does anyone here think we need more laws at any level? Think about it. We call our politicians "law makers". We seem to judge their performance based on the number of laws passed. These chumps feel powerless in the aftermath of this tragedy so they go crank out some new gun laws. I'd like to start seeing elected officials sorting through all of the laws we have and eliminate the ones we don't need. Let's judge them on how well they clean house.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    In 24 hours from this Senate passed Bill, Obama was set to propose his AWB. Why would a state that chose to put him into office feel the need to pull this crap. Doesn't make sense? Why would they not wait to hear his proposal?:dunno:

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    Part of the bill I am reading whats banned on NY's State Assembly page:

22 (VII) A MANUFACTURED WEIGHT OF FIFTY OUNCES OR MORE WHEN THE PISTOL IS 23 UNLOADED; OR 24 (VIII) A SEMIAUTOMATIC VERSION OF AN AUTOMATIC RIFLE, SHOTGUN OR 25 FIREARM;

rabbitdave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    Please stand up and be counted while it counts

Here are the snippets from the NY Safe Act of 2013.
    1. Mental Health Alerts
    2. Ban any semi auto pistol, rifle or shotgun thats magazined loaded
    3. Magazines of 7 rounds
    4. Track ammo purchases
    5. Electronic gun database
    6. Universal background check
    7. Automatic sentencing for life without parol
    8. Surrender weapons if under a protective order
    9. Safe storage
    10. Gun free schools
    11. Increased gun penalties
    So what will happen to NY in 5 years? My predictions: Fines for HIPPA violations, decline of population in western NY as people move to other states. Extremely high violent crime rates. More mass shootings. No legal ammo sales. Long waits for background checks because of a broken system. Striking down of most of the laws by the Supreme Court. Locked guns, background check delays, denial of ownership of commonly accepted arms all goes against the 2nd Amendment.

Wish we had a law that when lawmakers make unconstitutional laws they are personally financially responsible for the costs to enforce the laws.

OK have to call my friends in NY to see if they have any mags to sell me then get ready to stand at the statehouse on Saturday.

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    When I say my prayers tonight they will be that the Patriots in the Indiana Legislature take the lead of Wyoming and Texas reject what is going on in New York.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    And this got passed. We in Indiana need to step it up to make sure the idea of it doesn't even come up in our state

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Yeah, this is democracy at work. Debate something this big for 20 minutes, right before midnight, and do not let the public know. Yeah, This is My Country!

Top Bottom