• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UGaARguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2015
    Lawrence County
    They've announced the new 0808 Rexford Cesium based folder - http://zt.kaiusaltd.com/knives/knife/zt0808. I was going to buy a the Hinderer designed 0562 or 0562CF last year at Blade, but those weren't even available, so I bought the Rexford Singularity based 0801. If ZT actually produces the 0808 (they apparently made a single run of the 0562 some time this fall) I might have to buy one.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    The 562 and 562cf are regular production. The cf version sells so fast it can be hard to find. But most places have the plain version in stock. I like the 808. It the only one from the new 2015 line up I like. Most of the new line up i dont like. Very plain, nothing special about them. They discontinued all of the 3d contoured knives and brought out minimalist machined ones. The 808 has a modified warnhicliffe blade. I like warnhy's

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    OP is correct, 0562/0562CF were only produced in a single run last year. I think there is under 1000 combined out there right now. A little birdie told me they have orders for 5K more and will get to producing them in mid 2015.... You know as we as I do what that means... Lucky to have them out by Christmas... Haha. I'm sure with orders in the pipeline, they will get them done sooner than later, but the first run was very limited and the second one will have changes...

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    ZT operates like no other company that I know of as far as releasing new models. The will introduce new models at the Blade show or the Shot show. Then it will be 3 to 4 months before they make any, and when they do, it's usually less than 1000 pieces that are already spoken for by their bigger dealers. Then you wait another 3 to 4 months before they start cranking them out for all of their other dealers.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    ZT operates like no other company that I know of as far as releasing new models. The will introduce new models at the Blade show or the Shot show. Then it will be 3 to 4 months before they make any, and when they do, it's usually less than 1000 pieces that are already spoken for by their bigger dealers. Then you wait another 3 to 4 months before they start cranking them out for all of their other dealers.

It makes sense in some ways. They gauge interest before production.

I get most of my clothing from an online retailer that specializes in the big and the tall (I am, of course, very tall as all of you know). It's obvious over the last 30 years that they advertise items in their catalog and web site, but do not place orders with their manufacturers overseas until they have enough orders to justify the production run. It's inconvenient for me as a customer, but I understand why they do it.

On the other hand, the interest in a new ZT model is a lot more predictable than interest in size 10XL orange and pink plaid bib overall hotpants.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.

I get most of my clothing from an online retailer that specializes in the big and the tall (I am, of course, very tall as all of you know). It's obvious over the last 30 years that they advertise items in their catalog and web site, but do not place orders with their manufacturers overseas until they have enough orders to justify the production run. It's inconvenient for me as a customer, but I understand why they do it.

On the other hand, the interest in a new ZT model is a lot more predictable than interest in size 10XL orange and pink plaid bib overall hotpants.

:lmfao:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

:postpics:

Top Bottom