• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Newb ammo question, I am new to rifles, never owned one larger than a .22 so here goes

I bought a Remington 700 LTR, .308 and I want to pick up some budget ammo for plinking, is the Sellier and Bellot .308 Win. 147 - gr. FMJ Ammo OK for shooting paper at 100 yards or so?

I found some at a pretty go price, this is why I ask, and I don't want to do anything that might be detrimental to the new rifle as well

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    That ammo won't hurt the rifle. It will hit somewhere on the target at 100 yards. Some of my 147 grain reloads have been surprisingly accurate.

Not every round has to go through the same hole to be part of the learning experience. Have fun while you learn your rifle.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I bought 100 rounds of Hornady SST (good stuff) I'm told, so I will have some decent ammo

But in the beginning, my son will be pulling the trigger on many rounds, I'm sure, just for fun:yesway:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Yea it will do fine for plinking and learing for your son. If you can get it for a good price, have at it. Hornady is good ammo for sure, its just to expensive for me. You an your boy have fun:yesway:

Top Bottom