• ...and so much more!
  • Alegre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Hello everyone!

As you can tell I'm new here, but I'm not only new to INGO, I'm new to Guns in general.

I'd like to make a suggestion and hope It's not a strange request. I think it would be nice to have a "Newbie Forum" where peeps like me can get a basic idea of what all the lingo means and where basic primers and general handgun questions can be posted without feeling to embarrassed to post them elsewhere.

Hopefully this hasn't been discussed before, if it has, please accept my apologies.

Thanks for your time,
    JR.:)

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    this is a very friendly forum. ask your questions and youll get great replies.
    no need for anything extra besides the greeting section.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    There are stickies in each of the sub forums and some of them answer your specific comment/suggestion. As for embarrassing questions, well, we're all friends here and we were all "newbies" once. I know the INGO staff and virtually all of the membership won't tolerate ridiculing someone who's new and doesn't know what they're doing. Don't be afraid to ask anything you want. A tribute of bacon will often help, as well. :D

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    :+1: to what Scutter said. Plus, I've only been shooting for the last 9 months and I still ask some really silly questions sometimes. Everyone is definitely friendly here, and we run the gamut from "I think I might want to get a gun but I've never shot one before where do I start?" to "I've been shooting since my great grandpappy taught me at the tender age of three and now I'm teaching my grandkids how to shoot" to "I own as many firearms as the US Armed Forces." (ok, maybe that last one is a stretch... ) :)

In other words, bask in your newness. Once you learn something, we'll expect you to share. ;)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    :welcome: Alegre! Ask away. If the first person to see your questions doesn't know the answer, they probably know either where to find it or how to get in touch with someone who does. Like Scutter said, we were all where you are now, once, and we're all still learning, too. ;)

...A tribute of bacon will often help, as well. :D
    Speaking of which.... whatever happened to our
    bacon.gif
    smiley?

Blessings,
    B

Alegre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Wow guys.....Thanks for the quick responses!!

I definitely feel the "Family" vibe from this site, I guess the fact that I'm almost 40 and I'm just now starting to learn made me a little self conscious.

I will start with the stickies and then shoot away :ar15:on any questions.

Thanks again everyone!
    JR.

Btw: Who doesn't like Bacon?? :D

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    There's no such thing as a stupid question. Just don't use the words Bad and Bacon in the same sentence and you'll be fine....I have been shooting for over 30 years and I still don't know squat when it comes to certain subjects.. Its all good. Bacon is goood pork chops are goood.:D...JC

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Hello everyone!

As you can tell I'm new here, but I'm not only new to INGO, I'm new to Guns in general.

Welcome! You should know that we are always excited about new shooters. The future of our love lies in spreading the fun. So unlike other places, we are not interested in being the elite, but rather the fun people who like to share our kind of fun with others.

Ask away, look for the stickies, take no insult if you get directed to a great conversation that happened 4 months back, and be ready for the offers to go to some great event happening here or there (like the one just today in Indy).

This is a good group who spends time sharing with instead of insulting new people. Stick around and have some fun.

Top Bottom