Alegre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Hello everybody!

I'm a Gun Virgin from Lake Station, IN. Am I the only LS member here? :D

Anyway, As I was reading my morning paper Today, I read an article about a home invasion here in my town. It kinda woke me up to the fact that I need to protect my Property and Family and a couple of knifes won't do the trick nowadays.

I've owned a .22 and a revolver, but that was back when I was in my 20's. I'm glad I found this place since I have a million questions. I'm on a fixed income (disability) and will be looking for a decent but inexpensive way to get a handgun for home security purposes.

So far, I've been looking at the Hi-Point brand, I don't think they're that ugly and since money is an issue :dunno:

Well...I think I've said enough.....for an introduction :D I'm just excited to have found you all. Thanks for your time and see you on the forums!!

JR.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Howdy! Not from Lake Station, but I've driven through it a few dozen times!

I can't speak to the Hi Points, I've never shot one. Some say they are junk but very few of those people own them. They do seem to have a loyal following. If it was me, I'd look for a gun that was perhaps a bit smaller and easier to have at hand. Nothing wrong with a revolver, in fact they are simple and reliable. Find something like a Charter Arms in 38 Special or 357 and you will have a gun that will be both economical and reliable. . . and a lot less ugly than a Hi Point. But seriously a 38 Special or a 357 Magnum revolver will fit in the nightstand drawer easily, will be handy to pick up and carry to the front door when the doorbell rings late at night, etc. Just a thought.

Alegre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!

This place is addictive, I had no idea how much I needed to learn until I started reading these forums. :cool:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom