• Status
    Not open for further replies.

X-Ravin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    West Lafayette
    Hiya all. I'm a newbie gun owner in West Lafayette. I was never around guns as a kid and never even shot a target until I was 19 at Purdue. So I'm kinda learning the ropes on my own so if I ask any odd questions you'll know why!

Oh yeah, and my small collection thus far:

1941 Mosin 91/30
    Hi-Point 9mm Carbine
    Traditions Pursuit XLT .50 cal Muzzleloader
    .22 Mossberg 702 Plinkster

This college budget just kills me lol.

phrozen5100

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    IN
    Welcome to the board fellow PU student! This is a great place to garner knowledge from all the vets without fear of criticism for being a newbie. Do you shoot at the PU Armory?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    :welcome:

I just drove through Lafayette on my way home from the People's Republic of Illinois.

X-Ravin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    West Lafayette
    Welcome to the board fellow PU student! This is a great place to garner knowledge from all the vets without fear of criticism for being a newbie. Do you shoot at the PU Armory?

I did, but I didn't really know anyone so I kind of got deterred. I don't really talk the talk yet if you know what I mean, so it's tough for me to get in with the crowd. I will probably be there regularly this coming fall though, now that I'm getting into it more. Where do you go to shoot larger than .22? The only place I've been is up to Jasper Pulaski, but that is a killer drive.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I did, but I didn't really know anyone so I kind of got deterred. I don't really talk the talk yet if you know what I mean, so it's tough for me to get in with the crowd. I will probably be there regularly this coming fall though, now that I'm getting into it more. Where do you go to shoot larger than .22? The only place I've been is up to Jasper Pulaski, but that is a killer drive.

You should check the INGO FAQ which has links to INGO threads about places to shoot.

phrozen5100

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    IN
    I actually do most of my shooting away from PU, but I hear there's a good shooting range in Linden (I believe) for about $50/year membership. I'm sure some others can chime in.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Welcome to INGO from a former Boilermaker and current Lafayette resident. Hopefully we don't meet outside of here or you're probably have a pretty bad day...lol :welcome: :ingo: :patriot:

X-Ravin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    West Lafayette
    I actually do most of my shooting away from PU, but I hear there's a good shooting range in Linden (I believe) for about $50/year membership. I'm sure some others can chime in.

Yeah I saw that listed on the Purdue club's site, I think I may head out there one of these weekends and check it out. They offer a student discount which means I can increase the size of my collection quicker :D

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Your story is similar to mine. Welcome to INGO

Hiya all. I'm a newbie gun owner in West Lafayette. I was never around guns as a kid and never even shot a target until I was 19 at Purdue. So I'm kinda learning the ropes on my own so if I ask any odd questions you'll know why!

Oh yeah, and my small collection thus far:

1941 Mosin 91/30
    Hi-Point 9mm Carbine
    Traditions Pursuit XLT .50 cal Muzzleloader
    .22 Mossberg 702 Plinkster

This college budget just kills me lol.

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    Welcome from another purdue grad who moved back to Lake County.

BSCE 2006...have a brother graduating in december.

Glad to see another boilermaker here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom