• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Just got my Dillon 550b setup to start loading some 300blk with 175 Sierra HPBT, I have IMR SR4759 (it was sold to me at Profire). I cant find any load data for this powder for 300blk. What can I do? Ive done some googling and heard its closed to H110 but Im not going to believe everything I read on the internet! I don't need a hot load or a subsonic, but does need to cycle my 8 inch AR pistol reliably. Anyone have any info? Or trade me for something I can use?

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Since you got the powder from Profire, I'd wait until tomorrow and contact them about load data. Loaddata.com might have a few recipes for that combination...hard to say.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    I've checked a ton of sites. No one has the data for this combination. The burn chart has the sr4759 close to the 4227. Could I start with that data?

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    Burn charts are largely irrelevant. They may tell you that powder XYZ is faster than powder ABC, but that don't tell you how MUCH faster it is.
    No, don't substitute powders.

Give Profire, or Hodgdon a call.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Hodgdon doesn't list IMR SR4759 as a powder to use for any grain bullet to make a 300BLK round. Hodgdon only list H110 as a powder you can use for Sierra 175 HPBT bullets. Indy Gun Club had H110 in stock when I was there on Wednesday.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'll further echo... Dont guess. It could ruin your day.... and your rifle, and your body...

Call the guys at Profire. Unless there is a life or death situation that you NEED the ammo TONIGHT(!), it can wait.

I speak from experience... wasted/ruined too many toys because I got impatient and didnt want to wait to call an expert the next day.

Top Bottom