• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Why? They are more difficult to shoot for beginners, the sights, in general suck, the recoil on some is no fun with full power loads, shall I continue? The J-frame is an excellent gun, I own several, but it’s not really a beginners/newbie gun.

Agreed. For a 5-shot revolver, I would recommend the LCR in .38spl or .357. 6-shot, I'd go K-frame snubby.

That being said, I think the OP is looking for a semi-auto, so I still think 9mm is probably one of the best calibers as far as affordability and "stopping power".

Redlinetoys

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2016
    Northern Indiana
    I would agree with going to a range and trying several guns. Consider how you plan to carry and what holstering equipment will be best, and what holster you will feel comfortable actually using.

Very last consideration should be ammo cost.

I would recommend at minimum a .380 and more likely a 9mm, both in a simple striker fire type. Another consideration might be weight, so pay attention to the differences as you look at options. Personally, I like the Ruger LCP .380 and also the Sig P320 9mm, and also the P365 9mm. Lots of good similar options out there.

One gun will likely feel better in your hand and be more accurate for you personally, thus the recommendation from most to go rent some guns at the range.

Top Bottom