Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    USPSA "Newbie Match"!!

This course is designed for people who are new to USPSA competition. We will be shooting 2-4 stages as time allows. There will be instruction and coaching given for each stage and individual feed back to the shooters as well. USPSA rules will be in effect and so this will be run as a COLD RANGE. If you have been looking to get into USPSA competition this is the place to do it. Taking Competition 101 is recommended but not required. Class is limited to 20 shooters first come first served.

• What: USPSA match for new shooters (5 total matches or less, and shooters must be unclassified)
    • When: Tuesday, Dec 16th
    • Parabellum, Avon, Indiana
    • Start Time: 6:00pm - 9:30pm
    • Instructor: Aron Bright, USPSA Master Class shooter
    • Cost: $30 per person
    Limited to 20 shooters

To register and pay use the link below.

www.parabellumfirearms.com

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    It will be somewhere between 5 and 20. We are cutting this off at 20. Signing up early is the best way to make sure that you are in.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    It will be somewhere between 5 and 20. We are cutting this off at 20. Signing up early is the best way to make sure that you are in.

Bith Nick and I have signed up, we have yet to pay, but will be there!

what is the expected round count? I have looked (may have missed it) but haven't seen it listed yet.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The class is full as of right now. If you have not already signed up you have missed the boat. We will consider a second one if this one goes well and folks find it meaningful.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Bith Nick and I have signed up, we have yet to pay, but will be there!

what is the expected round count? I have looked (may have missed it) but haven't seen it listed yet.

Bring 100 per shooter. It will depend on our pace. Going to try and do three mid sized stages.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Great class / match. Thanks to Coach and Parabellum for putting this on.

Good to have instructions before shooting and a little critique directly after each person shoots. We were able to get in 4 stages which was very nice.

I would recommend this even for those who may not want to shoot competition as it is beneficial to learn better gun handling, getting on the front sight, and shooting on the move.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    It's good to hear someone like Coach is helping promote the sport like this. The vast, vast majority of gun owners will never enter any kind of competition, and will never find out how fun it can be. Anything to de-mystify it in a low-intimidation environment is a good deed!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks to everyone who came out and shot the newbie match this evening. It was great to have a good crowd, and it was even better to have a safe crowd and we had that. I was trying to expose everyone to a few different challenges that they might encounter at a match. Hopefully the tips and observations were helpful. It was nice have a couple of young ladies brave the class and shoot with us. I will try and get the video put together in the next day or so.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    It's good to hear someone like Coach is helping promote the sport like this. The vast, vast majority of gun owners will never enter any kind of competition, and will never find out how fun it can be. Anything to de-mystify it in a low-intimidation environment is a good deed!

This was definitely a low-intimidation environment!

To be honest, one of the reasons I have not tried any competition shooting is because I did not know what to do and what not to do and did not know anyone who was into it that could show me the ropes.

I took Coach's intro to competition 101 class and shot this newbie match and I am really enjoying it!

I think the class and newbie match do a good job of slowing things down and breaking them down and removing the pressure so that people new to the sport can get started. I had a great time, I learned a bunch and I am going to shoot a regular uspsa match in the near future.

Thanks to Coach and his helpers!

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I had a great time! Crazy how much better I shot at this versus the first match I went to at Parabellum. Not sure if it was the Competition 101 class or just a whole lot less nerves this time out, but the difference was deffinately there. Now with that being said... Are you going to be posting the scores? It was a competition after all!

Top Bottom