• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ars

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    Zionsville
    I am a complete newbie at reloading. While going loading my first several rounds, I made ammunition that did not meet the correct overall case length. Can you please advise me how to pull the bullet without special tools. I don't want to ruin my brass. I assume I can take a couple pairs of pliers and force out the seated bullet.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I am a complete newbie at reloading. While going loading my first several rounds, I made ammunition that did not meet the correct overall case length. Can you please advise me how to pull the bullet without special tools. I don't want to ruin my brass. I assume I can take a couple pairs of pliers and force out the seated bullet.
    Just get a collet puller. Or one of the hammer style bullet pullers. You re going to mar your bullets using the wrong tools.

And don’t sweat the cost. You will need it again as you continue your reloading journey. This isn’t the only time you will need to pull bullets. I guarantee it.

senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I have actually broken a couple of the impact hammer style pullers. I found that they take some force to use on occasion. I use this RCBS Puller. Yes, a little more expense and perhaps time to use, but it works well.

Attachments

• IMG_0142.jpeg
      IMG_0142.jpeg
      47.1 KB · Views: 3

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    If it's a rifle round you can use your press. Take out the die and put the round in the shell holder. Run the round up to the top of the stroke and then grab the bullet with a pair of side cutters or some type of pliers.
    Squeeze pliers, run handle up to pull the bullet.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Get a collet puller. You can get collets for all the calibers you'll be loading. Very useful and not very expensive. Being able to break down loaded ammo is very handy!

Top Bottom