• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I would like to thank most of the members of INGO. I made a Newbie mistake. I brought a post up from the dead. To add to that, I didn't know some of the acronyms used in the post. I naively had the idea that this website was about sharing ideas, sales and knowledge. I did not know that it was about attacking those not as knowledgable. I have always lived by the philosophy that you treat others as you would like to be treated. Well, I don't call others F#####g Newbies, so I don't respond to it well. When the rest of the blast come in, I will say, I am not a crybaby or naive about this world. I work very hard to protect the rights of those who live here. So I am going to exercise my right to leave a forum that has no tolerance for learning.

Respectfully,
    Well, I have read EVERY post, and I say stick around a while ..... besides, you have a cool name .....

MikeA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    I would like to thank most of the members of INGO. I made a Newbie mistake. I brought a post up from the dead. To add to that, I didn't know some of the acronyms used in the post. I naively had the idea that this website was about sharing ideas, sales and knowledge. I did not know that it was about attacking those not as knowledgable. I have always lived by the philosophy that you treat others as you would like to be treated. Well, I don't call others F#####g Newbies, so I don't respond to it well. When the rest of the blast come in, I will say, I am not a crybaby or naive about this world. I work very hard to protect the rights of those who live here. So I am going to exercise my right to leave a forum that has no tolerance for learning.

Respectfully,

20k registered members on INGO and it appears that at least 15k have the same opinion as you.:dunno:

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    To the OP. Your choice to stay or go. Just understand the entire Internet is rampant with keyboard testosterone and **tards sitting at the computer in their dirty underwear. It does not take long at INGO to figure out who posts useful information or voices a well reasoned opinion.
    Made me look behind me. Now looking for hidden cameras.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Just think of it this way:

To some mods the word mod makes them god. They know who they are. IBTL in case they lash out at my ideas and descriptions here. They have done so before. It's not just NOOBs who have thin skins. Again, they know who they are. EBG
    Which thread is it again? I missed it.

I would be interested in knowing who the offending members are.

HCRMPD1

Marksman
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Shelbyville
    As a newbie I was kicked, lied to, laughed at, poked fun at, spit on, butt hurt... the only reason I hang around is to see what happens next.

Really, I like the forum. Sometimes you have to wade through the fertilizer to get to the harvest.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Please stay and don't be afraid to ask questions! The MOD's are always having to deal with ****tards that think they are experienced more than others because thier post count is above 1,000....I have been in your shoes and learned the MOD's can't control what people post but can give them infractions for doing so! Keep your head up and sorry for chiming in on this topic so late in the game:ingo:

INGO is a great community and%99 of the people on here are good moral people who share a common interest!:twocents:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    To some mods the word mod makes them god. They know who they are. IBTL in case they lash out at my ideas and descriptions here. They have done so before. It's not just NOOBs who have thin skins. Again, they know who they are. EBG

Until you've been a mod here and seen the kind of crap they have to deal with on a day to day basis you really won't get it. Believe me there's a lot of restraint used by the mods, and if you catch one on a bad day, well they're human too. Might want to remember that.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm running for village mayor and I think I have some cabinet openings available.
    VOTE PRINTCRAFT!

Try some soap on the hinges... sometimes that helps. That or uncooked rice. ;)

I call dibs on the silverware drawer!

That's cool. I'll just swipe the canopener and take my spot in the pantry where the food is.

First I would like to thank everyone for the positive comments. I think, as I hope everyone else does, that this post should be closed and move forward.

Respectfully,

Steve

All kidding aside, at this point I see no reason to close the thread (even if we still did that on a regular basis like we used to.) It's a good "case study", if you will, in how people who aren't as familiar with our community as some of us are might post and be taken to task for it inappropriately. (Of note to Hickman, I'm not singling you out with this, I'm speaking generally. I mention you specifically because you noted that you made some of the posts and got infracted for it.)

Some thick skin is advisable, yes, but by the same token, even someone who has that will have a point where they hit the "too much" mark. The onus is not all on the folks like the OP; we share the responsibility to keep this a civil, polite community.

Until you've been a mod here and seen the kind of crap they have to deal with on a day to day basis you really won't get it. Believe me there's a lot of restraint used by the mods, and if you catch one on a bad day, well they're human too. Might want to remember that.

Thanks, Tom, and you're correct. For those who don't know, Tom worked as a mod here a while back and speaks from experience.
    EBG, if you have a problem with the staff here, please feel free to PM whichever of us are involved and discuss the matter as an adult, rather than engage in these constant passive-aggressive, snippy, butthurt posts. One of the rules here that we've been asked to enforce is that insults of other INGO members is not permitted. We understand that to some extent, it goes with the job and unless you've done it, you have no clue just how petulant and immature some members here can be, but to be honest, even allowing leeway for posts like yours, they're getting really old.

If you have a complaint, come to the person with whom your issue is. Failing that, your next stop is Fenway, if you think one of us is abusing his or her position as a mod. Fenway's decision is final, because he owns the site. If you still disagree, you can accept it and move on or you can log out and stop using the site, but posts like the one TomN quoted.... those need to stop.

We ARE human. We DO make mistakes, and we're not afraid to own up to them and apologize if we're in the wrong. It has happened, it still happens, it will happen in the future. That said, if you continue to try to make this a "urinating for distance" competition with posts like that, I can guarantee you who's not going to win that competition. Don't take that as a threat, because it isn't one. Take it instead as an appeal to you to help us resolve whatever issue it is you have with the staff and to do so in a mature, civil, polite fashion.

Thanks.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom