• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Well, a few days ago I made a thread with a poll asking for opinions between a few different pistols. One of the options was a stainless/black SA Loaded 1911.

So, naturally, I traded one of my Glocks away for this bad boy. It's a GI model with a Wilson combat extended beaver tail and match trigger, also has a skeletonized hammer. Not really sure of what make the sights are. But, my next purchase will be another SA 1911, that's how amazingly awesome I think these weapons are. This is my first 1911, and I love love love it.

2q8uhqh.jpg

2q3n87b.jpg

2rrun7q.jpg

2wfsqas.jpg

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Last edited:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Sweet finally got you a 1911! Looks like a GI model with upgraded rear sight, trigger, and hammer. I love my GI! Congrats and enjoy, Springfields are awesome in my book, in looks and function! :yesway:

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Sweet finally got you a 1911! Looks like a GI model with upgraded rear sight, trigger, and hammer. I love my GI! Congrats and enjoy, Springfields are awesome in my book, in looks and function! :yesway:

It very well could be the GI with upgrades. I'm not crazy about the sights, but they work. Does the slide need to be milled to accept Novak sights? Anyone know? Also, I may just not be used to these weapon systems but, are the grips supposed to loosen up after a bit of shooting? Put 100 through it yesterday and after the shoot, my grips were loosey goosey. :dunno:

Last edited:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Yes Novak sights are good, I would say you would have to take the slide to a smith with the sights and have them installed/machined in. And no the grips shouldn't loosen up after shooting! Screws in good shape?

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    What would you recommend? I'd like to find out about getting a set of Novaks on 'er.

is this going to be a carry/SD gun or a range blaster? If you are going the carry route, I would consider having SA do some of the work- including good night sights (ie Novak) and lowering/flaring the ejection port.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    is this going to be a carry/SD gun or a range blaster? If you are going the carry route, I would consider having SA do some of the work- including good night sights (ie Novak) and lowering/flaring the ejection port.

Just a range gun. Night sights are a great addition to any firearm, but I don't think I'll spend the extra dough on it. I really do love the sight picture given from Novak's though.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I figured as much as soon as I started looking at the copious amounts of accessories. I was overwhelmed when looking at grip selections. :spend:

If you want to get a beavertail that fits a little better, check out the Smith and Alexander models with the .220 radius. They're a better fit for the GI tangs, less of a gap.

IMG_0311-2.jpg

Also, every 1911 should come with the Kuhnhausen manual. Get it, you won't be sorry you did.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    If you want to get a beavertail that fits a little better, check out the Smith and Alexander models with the .220 radius. They're a better fit for the GI tangs, less of a gap.

Also, every 1911 should come with the Kuhnhausen manual. Get it, you won't be sorry you did.

Thanks for the tips :yesway: What trigger do you have installed?

Top Bottom