• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Here is the newest addition to the family........
    iqd3pt.jpg

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Can and pistol are almost exact same length, makes for a very handy little package. very quiet, still accurate, funtions flawless with the extra back pressure the can provides.

Had the extension and threading done by tornado technologies, they do good work, decent price, quick turn around time

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Have you shot it yet?

My 21a is very picky about ammo. I shoot CCI Mini Mags or faster rounds in it (Yellow jackets, for example) and it shoots beautifully. But, it tends to choke on standard velocity rounds.

If yours is the same, isn't that going to be a problem with suppression? Or do you get enough extra pressure with the can that it will cycle normally with sub-sonic rounds?

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Have you shot it yet?

My 21a is very picky about ammo. I shoot CCI Mini Mags or faster rounds in it (Yellow jackets, for example) and it shoots beautifully. But, it tends to choke on standard velocity rounds.

If yours is the same, isn't that going to be a problem with suppression? Or do you get enough extra pressure with the can that it will cycle normally with sub-sonic rounds?

The can should, in theory, provide some back pressure that would help cycle the gun. As for the sub vs standard vs high velocity, most standard ammo is subsonic in a 22lr pistol, which Im sure is especially true in a gun with as short of a barrel as the 21A.

You could probably shoot bulk pack ammo through the 21A suppressed and it would run better than running mini mags unsupressed, which is probably mind blowing to anyone who has ever shot a 21A.

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    LOL, exactly correct, the gun runs good with high velocity ammo without the can on. Addign the can greatly increases pressure, therefore it runs like a champ, so far all I have shot thru it suppressed is CCi standard and CCI subsonic.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    That looks really sweet. I'm curious though..due to the size of the suppressor does it need to be fired wet for reliable suppresson? Or does it work fine dry?

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    I works just fine dry, and is how I have shot it mostly. Still nice and quiet. I'll try some wire pulling gel or plain old water eventually to see if it gets much quieter. My experience in the past with rimfire cans is that wet doesnt make enough of a difference to deal with the added mess

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I have a 21a I'm waiting to do the same thing to. The huntertown B works fine dry. Wipe a dab of grease on the baffles and it's even better.

Mine runs great with any plated, high velocity ammo. I just run a bore snake down the barrel every hundred rounds and it's good to go. Nothing is really supersonic out of a 21a.

This little gun is a lot of fun.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Tornado threaded mine as well. I concur that the 21a runs much better with varied ammo with the backpressure caused by the can. It is my favorite host for my Outback II. The Outback II is certainly larger than the Huntertown Arms you showed, but even the Outback II is so light, it sits on there almost unnoticeable.

Very quiet and the barrel still tilts like normal with the can installed.

Beretta21aMagsOutbackII_zps7e935183.jpg

Beretta21aOutbackII_zps6cd2d99f.jpg

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I works just fine dry, and is how I have shot it mostly. Still nice and quiet. I'll try some wire pulling gel or plain old water eventually to see if it gets much quieter. My experience in the past with rimfire cans is that wet doesnt make enough of a difference to deal with the added mess

Nice I'll be sure to remember that whenever I get around to getting a 22 can.:ar15:

Top Bottom