• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jenoble99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    S.IN
    Has anyone been to Newport Aquarium recently? May go for the day this weekend and was wondering about issues I may run into at the aquarium. Are metal detectors or wands used at the aquarium?

The threads I found were a couple of years old so figured up to date info would be better.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    There is a sign saying no guns (In Ohio, that sign carry's the weight of the law if Im not mistaken), but no metal detector's, or pat downs. A backpack will be searched.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    It is in Ky.

Watch your background, in the movies shooting an aquarium can end in tidal wave with a chance of shark attack

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    Frank_N_Stein is correct, although I think the bag search may vary depending on the day. Last time I went was during the week and I don't remember any bag search happening.

The aquarium is in Kentucky, so the signs do not carry the force of law. Keep it concealed and on-body and you won't have a problem.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Frank_N_Stein is correct, although I think the bag search may vary depending on the day. Last time I went was during the week and I don't remember any bag search happening.

The aquarium is in Kentucky, so the signs do not carry the force of law. Keep it concealed and on-body and you won't have a problem.

They have searched bags every time I've been there.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    No wand. Bag search. "No Carry" signs, but I don't recall Kentucky's laws off hand.

We were just there a few weeks ago. Penguins were off exhibit, but most everything else was open.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    When I was there about a year and a half ago, they just glanced in my wife's purse. That was it.

And just in case it wasn't clear up thread - the Newport Aq is in KY, not OH. Ergo, Ohio laws on signage do not apply.

jenoble99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    S.IN
    Thanks everyone. We are taking the little one tomorrow for her bday, and with the cold concealing shouldn’t be a problem.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    First of all, Newport is not Ohio, so Ohio laws don't apply. :):

Secondly, the last time I went, I had one in the diaper bag and the diaper bag UNDER the stroller and difficult to get to, she didn't hassle me to pull the bag out. She did a quick glance and called it good. They don't search anything other than bags though.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Renegade762
    Top Bottom