• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    This was is on Drudge today: Newspaper company building state-by-state gun owner databases | The Daily Caller Database of all carry permit/LTCH holders in the country.

Saw this and thought, this needs a big response. Some in the responses talked about building a database of all of the employees of the newsgroup and all of it's owned papers' employees, editors, publishers, included with addresses, phones etc. and being ready to publish those the minute that the news group publishes theirs. Of course the newsgroup says that they have no plans at this time to publish. ;) Yeah Right! Like anyone with at least a room temperature IQ is going to believe THAT! :rolleyes:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i work for a small newspaper(in kentucky), and a year ago when that liberal rag paper in ny published the home addresses of all permit holders in 3 countys, i asked one of the more "liberal" reporters here if they would do that, he said that he asked the kentucky state police for the NUMBER of permit holders(not the address's or names) in the county, they laughed and said no, that they would not give out that kind if info

and in indiana it's against state law to give out that info!

afer the outrage in ny, i'd think we'd see more states passing those kind of "privacy laws"

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    One could only hope. But I'm sure there are quite a few Liberal states out there with Liberal Govs. that would work real hard to block such measures. The next question is, since many agencies have said no, do Federal FOIA laws trump these since the information is supposedly public?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Considering the amount of data out there, any decent data-mining company can get that information with 99.9+ accuracy.

The fact that I own guns is information that would be virtually impossible to keep under wraps without becoming a serious grey-man. The real information I prefer to keep quiet is how many and of what kind. Even if one collected ALL of the information I have posted here over the years, one would still not have anywhere near an accurate count and of what type (even my 10mm collection of which I regularly post family photos).

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I would think the non-gun owners would have something to say about this as well. Sure you will have thieves that might look for places to get firearms from, but what about those that prefer soft targets? And then the backlash when things do start to happen, like lawsuits that claim the reason for a particular break in was because of the information posted.

I am not certain of the exact numbers for who owns firearms where I live. I would guess that it is well over 50% of the homes have at least a deer rifle in them though, if not more. The only break ins near me are on seasonal homes where people are only there on weekends in the summer time. Even those are in decline lately because people have started to fight back with security systems, cameras and such.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    This was done once, and people quickly realized how bad an idea it was. L.E. and family apply for CCW, domestic abuse victims who are hiding apply for CCW, Judges, Prosecutors, etc. These people have a reason to have their addresses private as do the average citizen. Burglars know where to find guns to sell, non gun owners prefer violent criminals no know they are unarmed. The only people who possibly benefit from publishing CCW data of this kind is the anti gun crowd. When the results are more guns on the street from burglaries, more gun violence due to people who wish their addresses remain private are made vulnerable, etc.

New Jersey Assemblyman David Rible To Protect Gun Permit Owners Privacy - YouTube

Judge comments on how stupid newspapers logic is. [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqmH2sUp8GU

Of course the newspapers hired armed guards as soon as they became unpopular. Speaks volumes about a group who says guns have no place in society, until they need them.

[/URL]http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...after-publishing-gun-owner-addresses-n1477708

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is certainly one good argument for Constitutional Carry. If there were no permits or licenses, there would be no public documents (about possible carriers), there would be no freedom of information requests, no lists, and prying eyes out of another aspect of our private lives.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I imagine that the combination of nasty emails and letters, a closer look at the cluster f%#$ up in New England earlier last year and the advise of their lawyers put a bit of a damper on that idea. And rightfully so. But it could just be smoke too to get everyone to go away.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Considering the amount of data out there, any decent data-mining company can get that information with 99.9+ accuracy.

The fact that I own guns is information that would be virtually impossible to keep under wraps without becoming a serious grey-man. The real information I prefer to keep quiet is how many and of what kind. Even if one collected ALL of the information I have posted here over the years, one would still not have anywhere near an accurate count and of what type (even my 10mm collection of which I regularly post family photos).

Criminals aren't going to your house because they could never find it, even if they had gun information.:)

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I thought INGO was a massive database of gunowners. I mean, we even have pictures of your guns!

Just because you are "cooldude1911" doesn't mean NSA can't figure out your real name. So if you've been posting like me, yeah, Uncle Sam is on to you.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I thought INGO was a massive database of gunowners. I mean, we even have pictures of your guns!

Just because you are "cooldude1911" doesn't mean NSA can't figure out your real name. So if you've been posting like me, yeah, Uncle Sam is on to you.
    I agree, but can you imagine if the Indy Star printed a list of names and addresses that they used INGO to figure out?

Top Bottom