Newsweek: Antioxidants and Vitamins are dangerous!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Newsweek recently published an article discouraging people from eating antioxidants and vitamins. This the exact wrong message to be spreading in an age when the average American eats 3 square meals of processed, pasteurized, nutritionally-deficient garbage food. People need the fresh foods that provide these vitamins and antioxidants to stay healthy.

I take a sizable regiment of natural vitamins and supplements and it keeps me energetic and healthy. There are countless studies showing the benefits from boosting your vitamins and minerals; keeping your immune system functioning at its full capacity. Good nutrition is the best preventative medicine; better than any vaccine.

Antioxidants may not actually do any good, and may actually cause harm - Newsweek

Here is a rebuttal from Johnathan Wright, MD.
    Newsweek Publishes Disgraceful Article on Antioxidants

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Here is a good interview with Pharmacist-turned-Naturalist, Ben Fuchs. He talks about the role of nutrition and the folly of Pharmaceutical Medicine in treating patients' symptoms and not cause of the symptoms... And the de-emphasis on preventative measures to avoid getting sick -- like Vitamins and Antioxidants.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMiaRFrAsuA"]YouTube - Alex Jones interviews Pharmacist Ben Fuchs - 1 of 3[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nel6oMOA6k"]YouTube - Alex Jones interviews Pharmacist Ben Fuchs - 2 of 3[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLwMFbAEX-Y"]YouTube - Alex Jones interviews Pharmacist Ben Fuchs - 3 of 3[/ame]

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Rambone, great articles, specifically the one from Dr. Wright. Upon reading the Newsweek article, Dr. Wright is correct in disparaging the article written by Newsweek. It's filled with blogosphere rhetoric, statements without supporting documents or sources, etc... Everything I expect to come from Newsweek.

Not a fan of Alex Jones in the slightest, but your comments were far more inciteful than Alex Jone's guest (pharmacist turned naturalist? Who did he poison accidentally to get that title... :D ). BALANCED diets. BALANCED intake. Get rid of the garbage naturally by eating natural foods. Carrots cut up instead of carrot juice. Apples washed and eaten instead of apple sauce. Organic foods and vegetables. I like the "If I feel like crap or have indigestion, then I won't eat it again" approach. Anyone else notice what Dr. Wright said (an actual doctor, not a blogosphere type)? If you take "antioxidants" get them in combined forms, such as natural foods or tablets that are mixed in nature.

Albeit a touch veiled with Alex Jones' stuff :D, VERY good article posted guy! I like this turn of PREVENTION rather than disparaging evils of things...

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    The only thing I have to add to this thread is to try to make sure that the vitamins that you buy/take are easily absorbed. I have heard stories (rumor) that those who do septic work have found almost entirely whole vitamin pills before. The body just doesn't break them down and use them sometimes. Whole foods, such asn Disposable Heart mentioned above, are the best way to get vitamins and minerals that you need. If you go with a pill form, do some research on it's absorbancy so you aren't literally flushing your money down the toilet.

Top Bottom