• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    This statement really grinds me:xmad:, when both Paul and Santorum have A ratings from the GOA, an apology is not good enough; gun control legislative records for both Newt and Mitt need to be a mainstream issue while they're still in the Gunshine state
    P.S. Newt Gingrich’s anti-gun record is too important — and dangerous — to ignore. That’s why I felt compelled to inform you.
    His support for numerous gun controls is in direct contradiction to his current campaign statements.
    Call the Gingrich campaign headquarters right now at (678) 973-2306. Demand that Newt Gingrich apologize for his past support of gun control.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Obama; but the alternative you're giving me is Newt? Seriously?

Screw this noise...

abk0nd.jpg

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    Then Newt can go on a binge of government expansion while all the defenders of the constitution transform into defenders of the Republican Party. Just like what happened under Bush.

Newt Gingrich on the issues

Great point, I was younger then and very naive. I don't think the GOP has a candidate up there can win - We may be in trouble either way, but another 4 years of the current machine and there might not be a country left to love. And any rights to defend it will be stripped away.

Back to OP - any gun control from a GOP candidate, even a professional career politician, should outrage the conservative base.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    If we could combine the slick business sense of Romney, Newt's outspokeness, and Ron Paul's fiscal sense, we'd have a heck of a candidate. But since we can't I guess people will center on the strengths of a candidate that addresses what they most worry about.

Frankly, there's things about each of them that make me cringe, but allowing Obama to have another term free of the worry of re-election and increasingly willing to use Executive Orders to get what he wants, scares me even more.
    Whoever the Republican candidate is I'll vote for them to stop Obama and hope that they'll want re-election bad enough that their respective downsides are tempered by more balanced people in the Congress and Senate.

I don't hold out much hope that anyone will be able to stop an economic crash, or that Congress or the Senate will have any more effect or intelligence than they've already shown (which is pi$$ poor), but the alternative of an unfettered King Barack is too horrible to think about! That's just my .02

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Little fact from the congressional record, Newt voted against the clinton firearm stupidity of 1994, while Romney so embraced it he made it permanent law in his home state.

The reason that Newt voted for Lautenburg and the School stupidity is that they were added as amendments to the spending bill, which just like what happened last December, the democrats threatened a government shutdown if the omnibus spending package was not passed. Democrats love to put poison pills into must pass legislation, like the machinegun ban hidden in a bill that guaranteed our ability to buy firearms across state lines.

Newt is far from what the republicans really need to send to Washington DC, but he is a ton better than the media darling Mitt.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Newt is far from what the republicans really need to send to Washington DC, but he is a ton better than the media darling Mitt.
    I disagree.

In large part they are equally statist. Health care mandates, bailouts, big spending, more government agencies, more war, warrantless spying on citizens, international wealth redistribution, climate crusading, carbon taxes, etc. Ultimately they will carry out the same Big Government agenda, but for the record, Newt scares me more based on a lot of research.

I would assess that Mitt is more of a greedy puppet and Newt is more of a globalism-loving sociopath.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Sorry for not making part of it purple rambone, but being a "ton" better is a rude remark about Newt enjoying food! :D

Top Bottom