• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    In my case since i'm single, 0 kids and only 1 dog.

I would stash all my guns and ammo. Except my hand gun and carry that on me.

I would drive to the nearest gas station (.....probably 15-30minutes after the lights going out).

Get me as many gas canisters as possible and fill up my tank and the gas canisters. By this time there's a LONG line.

Drive to the closest Walmart (rioting going on right now). Get the ESSENTIALS
    -GOLD & SILVER
    -Canned Food, Pasta, Rice & Beans
    -Dog Food
    -TP, soap & Bleach
    -Ammo, Guns
    -Batteries, Flashlights
    -Water bottles, purification tablets, Mountain dried food packets
    -Pain killers, Alcohol, 1st aids packs

For my second trip
    -More canned food & dog food
    -Boots & clothing (Socks, Undies, shirts, jeans)
    -Alcohol (Booze)
    -More MEDS (1st aid kits, benedryl, etc etc)
    -Fishing supplies

Go to my apt, get my essentials, drive to my parents and go into lock down.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    @ Christian_Indy... Please read below about the HAM, and no one is allowed on the roads, you would be arrested and detained, no stores are going to be open, no power, so no gas, no wally world..

No communication equipment is functioning.

Land Lines say all circuits are busy.
    Cell phones show signal but won't connect to the network, no text messages will send and no internet connections.
    All AM/FM/SW radios are static or dead air as if a mic is left open.
    All TV is static. Free air, cable, satellite, all static and snow or black screens and silent.
    CB's receive static and seem to transmit but even between two vehicles they can't connect.
    FRS radios won't work even when in the same room.
    Sat Phones will not connect.

Oh and even if you powered up your home any WiFi comms are distrupted..

chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Chicago would suck..... Just like sh*t rolling down hill..... The radiation would work its way to us....

united-states-nuclear-reactors-map.jpg

Just saying......

If you have a BOL, make sure it's not on the path of the radiation.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    In my case since i'm single, 0 kids and only 1 dog.

I would stash all my guns and ammo. Except my hand gun and carry that on me.

I would drive to the nearest gas station (.....probably 15-30minutes after the lights going out).

Get me as many gas canisters as possible and fill up my tank and the gas canisters. By this time there's a LONG line.

Drive to the closest Walmart (rioting going on right now). Get the ESSENTIALS
    -GOLD & SILVER
    -Canned Food, Pasta, Rice & Beans
    -Dog Food
    -TP, soap & Bleach
    -Ammo, Guns
    -Batteries, Flashlights
    -Water bottles, purification tablets, Mountain dried food packets
    -Pain killers, Alcohol, 1st aids packs

For my second trip
    -More canned food & dog food
    -Boots & clothing (Socks, Undies, shirts, jeans)
    -Alcohol (Booze)
    -More MEDS (1st aid kits, benedryl, etc etc)
    -Fishing supplies

Go to my apt, get my essentials, drive to my parents and go into lock down.

With all communications down you are not going to be getting anything from walmart...or the gas station for that matter.

Also if SHTF you may have mintues before either all ammo is gone or the store has it secured where you can not buy it...(in about 80% of stores.)

Have most of that already. That's your best bet.

Last edited:

chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    With all communications down you are not going to be getting anything from walmart...or the gas station for that matter.

Also if SHTF you may have mintues before either all ammo is gone or the store has it secured where you can not buy it...(in about 80% of stores.)

Have most of that already. That's your best bet.

Here is my case scenario:

If you're a police officer and power is down and comm is down, would you go and check on your family?

Secondly:
    Walmart is cheap enough to not hire security. Go watch......The high cost of low prices documentary. And with no Comm, there's no way for them to call police.

On the other hand, i'm sure most walmarts have a back up generator and the management can set off the alarm if there is looting.

BUT, how many police officers can handle a large group of looters? And how many other businesses (Best Buys, Target, Krogers, Marsh) will be under the same circumstances where they are being looted.

So it brings the question. Will police officers check on their families (remember no comm, No home phone & no cellphone). And too, a large number of looters raiding a walmart can't be stop by 2-4 police officers.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County

If you're a police officer and power is down and comm is down, would you go and check on your family?

Secondly:
    Walmart is cheap enough to not hire security. Go watch......The high cost of low prices documentary. And with no Comm, there's no way for them to call police.

On the other hand, i'm sure most walmarts have a back up generator and the management can set off the alarm if there is looting.

BUT, how many police officers can handle a large group of looters? And how many other businesses (Best Buys, Target, Krogers, Marsh) will be under the same circumstances where they are being looted.

So it brings the question. Will police officers check on their families (remember no comm, No home phone & no cellphone). And too, a large number of looters raiding a walmart can't be stop by 2-4 police officers.

Well if you are saying looting well then yes it would be a bit different.....this thread was under the idea that almost nobody was on streets because they would be arrested. But then if everyone was looting the ammo will be long gone before you.get there unless you live right next to one!....yes nobody at wm will stop the looters but if its that bad the associates will be take it themselves lol!.....you would be amazed at how.many store managers for walmart are gun nuts!

chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    .you would be amazed at how.many store managers for walmart are gun nuts!

True, but just like any other work place guns aren't allowed. :draw:

But that was my scenario. If i had kids and a wife or a G/F, then things would be different.

As for the items, i have some but not alot. I'm not well prepare like some of you. I'm attending school, paying for school, rent, bills, gas, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc and the govt (just found out this past friday) is taking an extra $10 out of my paycheck. Which might not sound like a-lot, but it is when you only have $1.52 in your bank account instead of $11.52.

so looting would be my last resort IF i know something isn't right.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    True, but just like any other work place guns aren't allowed. :draw:

But that was my scenario. If i had kids and a wife or a G/F, then things would be different.

As for the items, i have some but not alot. I'm not well prepare like some of you. I'm attending school, paying for school, rent, bills, gas, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc and the govt (just found out this past friday) is taking an extra $10 out of my paycheck. Which might not sound like a-lot, but it is when you only have $1.52 in your bank account instead of $11.52.

so looting would be my last resort IF i know something isn't right.

I hear ya. O I wasn't saying the gun nutty managers would have their guns with them...they would just take the ammo for themselves lol.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    honestly i'd sit tight and keep a low profile with the wife and kids. i'd have the guns ready but since there is no info to speak of, and its basically marshal law as far as travel then you'd almost have to stay put until things got better or so bad that they werent able to control the roads. and with out knowing whats going on how do you really make a good decision?

jake

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne

Secondly:

So your plan for when SHTF is to venture out and start looting to get the supplies you should have had in the first place? That says something about your character, right there.

You will get shot and somebody will steal your dog.

chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    So your plan for when SHTF is to venture out and start looting to get the supplies you should have had in the first place? That says something about your character, right there.

You will get shot and somebody will steal your dog.

I know it sounds inhumane but like i said, i've only come to realize the gravity of where the country is heading.....for about 1.5/2yrs. Out of that i'd probably spend 6mths in denial.
    Telling myself the economy wasnt going to collapse, food prices weren't going to sky rocket, ammo was going to be scarce.

But the more I read, the more i learned. So I'm not like many of you, which might be a bit older than me and wiser. I don't have money saved up or work a job that pays well. I have a job that pays, i have bills like many of you, and i got school payments and have to attend school.

Don't judge because i might go to chi-mart and get me some canned food and supplies when SHTF instead of going out and begging for food. Not all of us have the money and time. (YET)

Jerrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Wake family, grab Ar and Glock, Continue to try communications ( So I grab radio, little tv, and cell) If it's cold out I'd start a fire in the fireplace. grab some sleeping bags and hunker down. I would consider hopping in the car if info is not coming in.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I know it sounds inhumane but like i said, i've only come to realize the gravity of where the country is heading.....for about 1.5/2yrs. Out of that i'd probably spend 6mths in denial.
    Telling myself the economy wasnt going to collapse, food prices weren't going to sky rocket, ammo was going to be scarce.

But the more I read, the more i learned. So I'm not like many of you, which might be a bit older than me and wiser. I don't have money saved up or work a job that pays well. I have a job that pays, i have bills like many of you, and i got school payments and have to attend school.

Don't judge because i might go to chi-mart and get me some canned food and supplies when SHTF instead of going out and begging for food. Not all of us have the money and time. (YET)

Sorry I have already judged you. This selfish attitude is one of the reasons for the downfall of this great country. What would your great Grandfather say to you if he could witness your lack of morals?

Your freaking X-Box is not even cold yet and your out looting to make up for your own shortcomings. Eat your dog, beg, stand watch, grab a shovel and WORK.

Some of your friends, Disgraceful, pathetic, sad. Get your mind straight.

chile_looting-300x187.jpg

argentina_looters-296x300.jpg

katrina_looters_white_people-300x224.jpg

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate

A common canned good of veggies or soup cost like .68-.99 cents. I turned off my overpriced comcast bill that was almost 140 bucks...

That is a a lot of extra can goods or whatever you might need to add, you don't have to buy them all at once. 1 or 2 every week, and in a year you'll be surprised how quickly they stack up.

I have an meh paying job, a wife, 2 kids, medical bills, the wife and I's student loans, and so on and still manage to keep us well prepared.

SHTF, could be losing your job and you have to live off your preps till you find work again. Our grandparents didn't always have a garden or make sure the pantry was stocked because of some far fetched threat of an EMP or Zombie Apocalypse, they did it because even though this week was a good one, next week might not be.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Sorry I have already judged you. This selfish attitude is one of the reasons for the downfall of this great country. What would your great Grandfather say to you if he could witness your lack of morals?

Your freaking X-Box is not even cold yet and your out looting to make up for your own shortcomings. Eat your dog, beg, stand watch, grab a shovel and WORK.

Some of your friends, Disgraceful, pathetic, sad. Get your mind straight.

chile_looting-300x187.jpg

argentina_looters-296x300.jpg

katrina_looters_white_people-300x224.jpg

Agreed. Who talks about looting is their shtf strategy?....if you are on ingo you have a computer...or smart phone and internet access....hell sale that and get your can of green beans bit don't loot. I know if someone tries to loot my business if shtf....they are leaving in a bag. Im not stealing a can of green beans the second shtf...ill find a way to live.....i have survival skills.....invest in those Christian_Indy!

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    ChrstianIndy.

I don't even know where to start on your posts. I am frustrated that INGO will not let me cut loose with a proper flurry of profanity.

You are living in a fantasy world. You haven't prepped. You give excuses, not reasons. Total BS. Yet you think you are steely eyed enough to venture out , post SHTF and wade through hoardes of criminals to take what you did not earn. Do you have a lot of experience on the street? You have creds? Presence? Boy, you will be rolled and raped in minutes flat.

You better get your shat together and stop making excuses. Get a 2nd job. I am not so dismayed at your lack of morals, but at your level of pure fantasy induced stupidity. My God. I will eat people like you for breakfast and carve your dog up for desert.

chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    If I make excuses then i wouldn't be here.

Get a second job? Sir i sleep 5hrs a day! I got to work full time, go home, change and go to school. I wake up at 5:30am and as soon as i'm off work i have 1hr to go to school. I go to school late evening and don't get off till 11:30pm! 5 days a week with only 5hrs of sleep a night.

It would be a luxury for me to eat McDonalds let alone buy me a steak. I'm barely making it on my own.

The reason i'm taking automotive is so i can do side jobs on the weekends (Oil changes, tune ups, basic work) so i can make extra cash. But i don't have enough knowledge yet.

As for cutting my bills, WHAT BILLS!? I don't have cable, my cellphone bill is $20/mth i dont have a home phone, i do however have internet which is $40/mth.

X-box? Sir with all respect, do you think I have time to play x-box? Do you think i can afford $60 to buy me a game?
    The only luxury i have is having a 3yr old computer with my $7/mth netflix subscription and a big old school computer monitor that weighs a ton.

Put your self in someone shoes before you judge. I'm not saying i'm not 100% well prepare like many of you, i have some of the basic stuff. But what would you do if you didn't have a job or if you did you where barely making it, no canned food, no bottled water, etc, etc. Would you loot then? If not, then I respectfully understand. But Morals don't feed you and your family.

Like i said, it would be a last resort. Which hopefully i'll be able to do side jobs on the weekends and put that money to good use.

Top Bottom