• ...and so much more!
  • sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Parabellum Indoor Shooting Range

A holster is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. Mag pouch is optional, but helpful. PLEASE bring adequate mags to keep the match flowing! You WILL need to have a holster, bag, or case in which to bring your firearm from the ready area to the line. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY WITH THIS RULE.

We'll open this up for carbines again.

If you are running an AR pistol in .223/5.56 or other rifle caliber, note that *I* still consider it a rifle and you WILL shoot from the longer firing line for safety reasons. You may run the whole course with a carbine if you want.

Lastly, this is meant to be a fun match with the added benefit of low-light practice. We will listen to all constructive criticism and make changes as needed. You can PM me with suggestions/ideas.

Come have some fun in a low light environment to test your shooting skills.

When: Wed, Jan 28th
    Start Time: 6:30pm
    Cost: $20 per person
    Prize: Gift Cards

The shoot will consist of 50 rounds, 5 shots at 10 different targets. They will vary in distance and the shooting will be timed. 5 points for a head shot, 2 points for a body shot, shoot a hostage lose all points for that target. We will pay out the top three places in gift cards. The amounts will be determined by the total number of participants.

Round count breakdown is 50 pistol rounds or 30 rifle/20 pistol or 50 rifle.

**Contact the Range for additional information**

Want to put this here in case people don't read the entire thread;

This will likely irritate some folks (myself included), but it has to be said. With BATFE's recent waffling on the use of the SIG brace on AR pistols, anyone bringing an AR pistol to the low light shoot will need to use the firearm as a pistol.

This means NO SHOULDERING OF AN AR PISTOL EQUIPPED WITH A SIG BRACE.

I hate to have to state this. I have one too, and I like it. It's too bad ATF had to reverse their stance on this, but there isn't much we can do about it. We don't want to see anyone become a test case.

Thank you for your understanding. If you know someone who isn't on INGO, please pass this on to them.

I also want to reiterate the use of a holster will be mandatory for this event. And please, have at least 3 (or more) mags for use during the shoot. It helps keep things running smoothly.

Last edited:

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    We had 24 at the last match and I think it ran fairly quick.

A lot depends on the other shooters helping pull and replace targets. That's what takes up the most time, not the number of shooters.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have not done one of these but it sounds like a great time to break out the 9mm SBR. would that not be correct?

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    People need to have a holster, bag, or case in which to bring your firearm to the lline. There were too many people with guns in pockets or with guns in hand.
    I will also put forth for consideration the idea of scoring long guns and hand guns separately.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    People need to have a holster, bag, or case in which to bring your firearm to the lline. There were too many people with guns in pockets or with guns in hand.
    I will also put forth for consideration the idea of scoring long guns and hand guns separately.

I completely agree, Jackson.

Not sure how to score differently, but we will figure something out.

Top Bottom