• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    When people b*tch about the police it makes me wonder if they would like some of the the alternatives. Like lawlessness or military control?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Can't put my finger on it but I never really liked the phrase. I understand it, it doesn't offend me or anything like that, just never liked it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Can't put my finger on it but I never really liked the phrase. I understand it, it doesn't offend me or anything like that, just never liked it.

The mother of our grandchildren has been a crack addict for 13 years. Heartbreaking, but I don't have a problem with the term "crackhead".

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    "covertly racist" :rolleyes:

When I think of crackhead I envision some strung out Steve Buscemi / Keith Richards looking kind of freak.

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    I'm not the least bit offended by it. I'd love to see the cops say F you to someone in the BLM movement when they are having a problem, but they won't because they are professionals and took an oath to serve and protect everyone.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Someone fill me in.. how does this sign have ANYTHING to do with race? ..other than, if you think it's racist, you're the racist.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Someone fill me in.. how does this sign have ANYTHING to do with race? ..other than, if you think it's racist, you're the racist.

I believe the "covertly racist" idea comes from the FB post that is in the link in Post #1. From the FB post:
    "First, white people get to be meth and coke heads or junkies. 'Crackheads' is a term reserved for black addicts, and this isn't up for debate." Or at least this is the justification for calling the billboard racist.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    This moron right here...

Megan Thomas

Please tell me Muncie tax dollars didn't pay for this! Sign @ Wheeling/Riverside owned by 'HOMETOWN OUTDOOR ADVERTISING, INC.'

(765) 288-XXXXX / (765) 722-XXXX Email This outrageously offensive and covertly racist sign says "HATE COPS? The next time you need help CALL A CRACKHEAD." We have no local in-patient addiction treatment center, yet we have money for this?

RapidRounds

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 21, 2015
    Sellersburg
    I think the billboard does a good job of illustrating... Who else is going to answer the call? Who will protect mommy when daddy decides to start beating her at 3 AM? Who will remove the neighborhood drug lord that is known for violence and invites dangerous people into your community? Who will check in on the hundreds of registered sex offenders when they move in next door and you're a mother and father of 2 beautiful 7 and 9 year old daughters? No other individual/profession will answer that call. Law Enforcement seems to be such a thankless job these days. It is so important to support your local police officers these days. Especially in the big cities where these protest are inciting violence. I will post a link later which speaks of police departments changing there strategies/tactics when dealing with these protests. It was pretty interesting. As the Sheriff of Dallas said..."Don't be a part of the problem. We're hiring. Get off that protest line and put an application in,"

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    How the **** can anyone say, aside from obvious racial slurs, that a derogatory term is reserved for one part of the population???

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    ...No other individual/profession will answer that call. Law Enforcement seems to be such a thankless job these days. It is so important to support your local police officers these days. Especially in the big cities where these protest are inciting violence.

You're right! It's sad. These men and women put their lives on the line daily, but get no kind of support from the neighbors in which they patrol nor the government which makes the laws for them to enfore (ostensibly. obviously there are procedures, but you get the point ;)) which will turn on them on a dime!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I think it's racist for the complainer to assume "crackhead" is meant for any particular race, or is commonly associated with any particular race. To read that sign and say "well 'crackhead' clearly means X race" is the offensive part.

RapidRounds

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 21, 2015
    Sellersburg
    I don't believe many, if any of those in the protest line took Sheriff David Brown up on the offer, however, according to lawoffice.com there have been over 800 inquiries within the 5 days following that statement. They have made a statement that they would response to every inquiry as time allowed. I think that is incredible. Maybe some of those applicants were in the protest line, I guess I shouldn't pass that judgement. I felt his comment was sincere and obviously shook some hard enough to consider his offer.

RapidRounds

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 21, 2015
    Sellersburg
    I think it's racist for the complainer to assume "crackhead" is meant for any particular race, or is commonly associated with any particular race. To read that sign and say "well 'crackhead' clearly means X race" is the offensive part.

Correct me if I am wrong... I think what that member was trying to say was he envisioned a "crackhead" to have strung out facial features. Strung out as in aged, saggy face, gaunt looking. I don't think he intended it to be interpreted as a race identifyer. Although for those of you who don't know Keith Richards and Steve Buscemi are both White as white gets. To your point though jsharmon I do agree to associate the term "crackhead" with a race isn't right. Lord knows drug addiction is made up of more than 1 ethnicity, race, sex, religion and so forth.

Top Bottom