• ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    azfckx.jpg

NFA Days are back in 2012! Gracious host lovemywoods, along with the rest of the NFA Day Planning Committee (esrice, VUPDblue, shooter521, bigcraig) would like to give all INGOers a chance to come out and experience the world of Class III NFA firearms during this two-day educational event!

Dates this year will be Saturday, September 29th and Sunday, September 30th.

For those new to INGO over the past year who are asking themselves "What the heck is NFA Day?", here it is short and sweet--

NFA Day is a FREE event at a private shooting range that gives attendees a chance to learn about, handle, and shoot Class III weapons such as suppressors, short-barreled rifles, and machine guns. The focus of this event is on education of NFA-related topics, such as their legality and the involved paperwork process. To check out last year's action, see this thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo_events/170520-aars_nfa_day_2011_9_24_11_a.html

Or watch this video that Tim @ Military Arms Channel made when he attended last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW4y9JyY1FU

Due to the size and configuration of the range venue, and our ability to maintain a safe environment, attendance to this event is capped at 25 attendees per day. Because of this, attendees are selected lottery-style from a sign-up list using a random number generator.

Signups will be open starting August 1st and will close on August 14th. The 25 attendees for each day will be selected and published on August 18th.

Now this year we've made a change that should make many of you VERY happy.

In years past, we've restricted Day 1 (Noob Day) to those without any NFA firearms, and Day 2 (Alumni Day) to those who had previously attended an NFA Day. This was due to range logistics and keeping with the focus of education. Unfortunately, this also put several INGOers who already owned NFA items in "no man's land" without a way to attend the event.

This year, due to it being the 5th Annual NFA Days, we've opened up enrollments and have broken down the days as such:

Saturday will be "Noob Day". To be eligible to sign-up for Noob Day you must:

• Be an active INGOer with a registration date prior to July 6th, 2012.
    • Not own, have ever owned, or are currently in the process to own, any Class III (NFA) firearms.
    • Have never attended a prior NFA Day.
    • Be at least 18 years of age and able to operate firearms in a safe manner.
    Sunday will be "Veterans Day". To be eligible to sign-up for Veterans Day you must:

• Be an active INGOer with a registration date prior to July 6th, 2012.
    • Own, have owned, or are currently in the process to own, any Class III firearms. (attendance at a prior NFA Day counts towards this)
    • Be at least 18 years of age and able to operate firearms in a safe manner.

For your spouse to attend, they must meet all the criteria for attendance, must also be a registered INGOer prior to June 6th, and you must sign up as 1 unit with only 1 chance for attendance.

Those eligible for Noob Day can sign up here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo_events/227572-nfa_day_2012_noob_day_signup_thread.html

Those eligible for Veterans Day can sign up here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._day_2012_nfa_veterans_day_signup_thread.html

Now to some details. . . .

For planning purposes, the range is located near Morgantown, IN 46160. Exact directions and a map will be sent to selected attendees prior to the event.

This is a BYOA event (Bring Your Own Ammo). A list of available guns and suppressors will be made available prior to the event. Please plan accordingly and bring the ammo for the guns and suppressors that you would like to shoot. Keep in mind that some vendors will have restrictions on the types of ammo allowed. This will be disclosed when the equipment list is posted. You will be given plenty of time to stock up.

Only sign up if you are SERIOUS about coming and can assure everyone that you are able to attend. No-Shows are NOT acceptable, as they keep others from attending that could've otherwise enjoyed the event.

Feel free to ask questions in this thread or you an PM me directly. Stay tuned for August 1st as we open up sign-ups!

Can't wait!! :ar15::ar15::ar15:

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I like the renaming of alumni to veterans day. :D got my fingers crossed this year.

While we realized that this opens up the pool of potential attendees (thereby decreasing everyone's odds of getting picked), we thought it was a worthwhile compromise, as we now have about 100 NFA Day Alumni anyway.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Guest?

Just curious, if I were lucky enough to be able to get into this swell event, would my wife be able to come as well or does the invite only apply to the individual. I only ask because it could cost a lot more than gas and ammo by the time everything's done...might cost me some hearing and nice dinner too.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Just curious, if I were lucky enough to be able to get into this swell event, would my wife be able to come as well or does the invite only apply to the individual.

Due to our having to cap attendance to just 25, you must be an INGOer to participate.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    That is awesome! I have a shot at being able to participate this year!!!! Man Lovemywoods and the rest of the crew are freaking awesome! Looking forward to entering for a shot to join you all this year!

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd like to sign up! I have a little .22 Silencerco suppressor and have been a member for a while now. Hook me up

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'd like to sign up! I have a little .22 Silencerco suppressor and have been a member for a while now. Hook me up

The official sign-ups will run from August 1st through August 14th. When that time comes, it looks like you are eligible to sign up for NFA Veterans Day (Sunday). :yesway:

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    My SBR stamp won't be back in time for alumni day. :( Shouldn't have procrastinated so long and let college tuition interfere, Who needs an education? Always next year, hopefully I will have a can by then to!

Top Bottom