• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • starbury33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hey guys,

I am filing out my very first NFA form 1 using a trust for an SBR. I am planning to pay using USPS money order and I have a question for the experts out here. How should I fill question 17 in the form? I realize that I need to leave any credit card questions blank. But there is a question within that section:

"I am Paying the making Tax for the Applicant"

then next to it,

"Total Amount"

is that still applicable when paying with money order? I don't think I should fill them because the very next question after the above questions is for signature to authorize the credit/debit card payment. I probably am overthinking this but I'd hate for a simple mistake and have the application rejected especially this close to the rule change deadline.

Thanks in advance!

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    When I use a check, I don't sign that I'm pretty sure. I'd imagine it's the same for you with a money order. The other side has the stamp amount on it if I recall. I think I only check the "check enclosed" box.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Don't answer that question, sign the line below. That line is if someone else (spouse, friend, whoever) is paying the tax for you and you're using their credit card.

If using a money order, as far as I know, check the money order box up top then leave the rest of that page blank

nj4020

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    While Form 1's and Form 4's have to be submitted in duplicate, what about the method of payment sheet? Does it need to be sent in duplicate as well, or will one sheet with the appropriate box checked suffice?

Do I need to send a copy of my trust's schedule A with every form submitted?

Last edited:

starbury33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Thanks for the responses, guys. Filed my first SBR via trust over the weekend. But now I kinda want to get a suppressor too. This is getting very expensive!

Top Bottom