• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I'm getting ready to set up a trust before sending in a Form 1 to make a suppressor. When you send in the $200 do you send a personal check, a check from an account set up in the name of the trust, a money order?

mwcooke

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I'm getting ready to set up a trust before sending in a Form 1 to make a suppressor. When you send in the $200 do you send a personal check, a check from an account set up in the name of the trust, a money order?

Personal check, trust check, or money order are all acceptable forms of payment by the ATF.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I sent in a USPS money order, but that was a mistake IMO. I have no way to track it without filing a form with USPS and paying like $5. I'm guessing my check is cashed (according to NFA tracker a week seems about right) but I'm going to wait like two or three weeks to find out, since I want to be certain that it is cashed so I don't have to spend another $5.

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    My uncle just finished his trust and put me as one of the trustees! Pretty nice guy. I am not exactly sure how it works but from my understanding i can possess and use his NFA items without him being present.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    So now you guys can buy full auto guns and not have to pay $30,000 for one made before 1986 right? How much did it cost to setup the trust?

No, all NFA laws still apply. You only get to bypass the fingerprints, photo, and CLEO sign off. It also allows other people named in the trust to possess the items contained in the trust when you arent present.

Oppugnall

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Greenwood, IN
    So now you guys can buy full auto guns and not have to pay $30,000 for one made before 1986 right? How much did it cost to setup the trust?

What your thinking of is a Class 3 dealer and post-samples. Post-samples can be obtained by class 3 dealers as sample products for sales to military/police.

Trusts are setup for skipping of Leo signature in cities where they are unfriendly to NFA toys. Best benefit and the reason why I wish I had setup a trust before I started buying NFA toys is that friends or family can use the items without me being present.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Find a lawyer, have them write it, get it notarized, done.

When doing mine, I found no requirement in Indiana for notarisation. I simply had two witnesses sign. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I really don't think you need a notary for a trust in Indiana to be valid.

Top Bottom