• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I did hours and hours of research and the main people on MANY different boards and sites stating to get a lawyer to draft your trust are 2 or 3 of the biggest trust providing lawyers. They routinely got called out on providing any proof that people got arrested or even anything confiscated from having a bad trust. They never provided ANYTHING.

From my talk with a lawyer friend he said that if you have a trust and for some reason it is invalid, you just have to re-write it to be valid and the changes are retroactive to the creation date. But also said if you were to be in this kind of predicament you DEFINITELY need a lawyer at that time to ensure compliance. So if you draft your own, get called out on it, then just hire a lawyer and have them fix it...

That being said I used Grant Liston and he currently only charges $275 but he said his price will probably be going up.

Don't misjudge what I said, though. Most people, even intelligent, well-intentioned people, could make a serious mistake when drafting an important legal document like a trust.

I'm not saying not to do it yourself, that's up to you. Just keep in mind that trust law is nearly a thousand years old, and every lawyer has been trained in the basic nuances. That's not to say they're perfect either, but there's a reason a professional license is necessary to practice law.

Top Bottom