• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I'm getting ready to set up a trust and have a few questions maybe some of you can answer.

1. What is an approximate costs for changes to the trusts such as address change.

2. I've been thinking about adding a family member other than my wife to the trusts. What happens if this family member becomes a non proper person in the future? Is it as simple as just taking them off, or what if they change the law and they don't want to be finger printed or photographed?

3. If someone in the trusts passes away is any other family member entitled to a portion of the NFA items or monetary value?

This family member is a 100% proper person and says they will do whatever is necessary and still relatively young (50's) but just want to cover my basis

for anyone curious I have started buying parts for my first SBR here is a parts list so far.

Undecided on 5.56 or 300blk going with a 10.2 or 10.5 in barrel trying to keep this build mostly noveske

noveske gen 2 lower
    cmmg builders kit
    noveske vltor mur upper
    geiselle alg trigger
    noveske raptor charging handle
    noveske QD sling plate
    vltor buffer tube
    noveske take down pins

T4rdV4rk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    NWI
    Just call Grant. He's actually popular enough for a simple google search to work.

The trust he just did for me was in my mailbox days after I first contacted him.

Huntinfool

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    I also had mine like 2 days after I spoke with Grant. took about 3 minutes on the phone and about 2 minutes to send the required info to him, in an email.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I'm using another guy recommended by a couple friends. He charges $250 but with my work schedule it's hard to find time in the afternoon to make a phone call to set it up.

bds792

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Bloomfield
    Trust questions

I just had my trust set up. AS I UNDERSTAND IT:
    1. No cost to change, you just add an addendum and sign.
    2. Take them off if they are no longer a proper person. I've heard that existing trusts will likely be grandfathered BUT this IS the Obama administration so expect the unexpected.
    3. All trustees have the right, if the trust is written correctly, to possess the NFA items. The items ultimately go to the beneficiary. The only individuals with monetary interest are the settlor (creator, you) and the beneficiary.

Jon Spur in Terre Haute did my trust for $300.

Brad

I'm getting ready to set up a trust and have a few questions maybe some of you can answer.

1. What is an approximate costs for changes to the trusts such as address change.

2. I've been thinking about adding a family member other than my wife to the trusts. What happens if this family member becomes a non proper person in the future? Is it as simple as just taking them off, or what if they change the law and they don't want to be finger printed or photographed?

3. If someone in the trusts passes away is any other family member entitled to a portion of the NFA items or monetary value?

This family member is a 100% proper person and says they will do whatever is necessary and still relatively young (50's) but just want to cover my basis

for anyone curious I have started buying parts for my first SBR here is a parts list so far.

Undecided on 5.56 or 300blk going with a 10.2 or 10.5 in barrel trying to keep this build mostly noveske

noveske gen 2 lower
    cmmg builders kit
    noveske vltor mur upper
    geiselle alg trigger
    noveske raptor charging handle
    noveske QD sling plate
    vltor buffer tube
    noveske take down pins

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Here is the response I received I have an apt set up for next week. I will ask him if he would like me to disclose his information when I talk to him.

I have a few questions.

Something like that is so simple that I probably wouldn't charge for it. For basic amendments to a trust I usually charge $100.

You would just draft and sign an amendment removing them from the trust and attach that amendment as the new last page to your trust.

No. The trust pays out to whoever you name as a beneficiary and that is it.

Top Bottom