• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I am looking to get into my first NFA items, and I would like my wife to have the ability to use them. I have seen recommendations for trusts from $400 for Guy Relford, to $80 from https://www.guntrustguru.com/state/indiana/ . I know there are multiple other sources, but is there one people recommend?
    Is there a reason to not use the online service? I have heard both sides, but want to know if people have personal experience with this sort of thing.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Another +1 for Marc. Great guy. Super easy to work with.
    Will answer any related questions for you and he will "gitter done" quickly too.

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Does anyone have experience with an online service? Good or bad. Marc quoted over 200 and I would appreciate minimizing costs, and not paying for an extra stamp. I have heard horror stories regarding legal zoom gun trusts, but don't know about the NFA specific groups.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Does anyone have experience with an online service? Good or bad. Marc quoted over 200 and I would appreciate minimizing costs, and not paying for an extra stamp. I have heard horror stories regarding legal zoom gun trusts, but don't know about the NFA specific groups.

I have -0- experience with NFA trust, that said I checked into them some time ago & decided if I do it it will be Marc Halata or someone else local.

How important is it for you for it to be done right & have someone to deal with issues that may come up?

Parallel experiences with real estate transactions, lenders that were not local had no accountability & frequently plagued with issues. Local lenders had a local presence & reputation to maintain.

$200 in most cases is a fraction of the cost of what will be going into it.

Compare, if putting $10k+ of firearms into a safe, do you want to buy a $100 stackon security cabinet or a real gun safe? If there is never a break in or a fire it is a non issue, but if there is......

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    The support you'll get with it though will be worth it. It's definitely better to get it done right the first time and just have peace of mind and not have to worry about it.

HK Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    If $200 moves the needle that much, NFA is the wrong hobby for you.
    This.....

If you have a problem or a question you can call or email Marc. To me that is priceless. Do something wrong with a trust and it could cost you your freedom and you want to cheep out, ummm I'm not your dad or anything but that is a bad move.

I've never met Marc in person but I've talked to him via email, text and the phone when I had questions on my trust. I'm happy with the service I got.

However at the end of the day, your money your life, do what makes you happy.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This.....

If you have a problem or a question you can call or email Marc. To me that is priceless. Do something wrong with a trust and it could cost you your freedom and you want to cheep out, ummm I'm not your dad or anything but that is a bad move.

I've never met Marc in person but I've talked to him via email, text and the phone when I had questions on my trust. I'm happy with the service I got.

However at the end of the day, your money your life, do what makes you happy.
    Not a firearms trust, so not the same thing, but definitely have had follow ups I've needed to do with attorney for a Trust we had done for my dad, as well as POA stuff. It was nice to be able to engage the attorney on questions and challenges brought up by financial institutions.

For $200 I'd go with the person recommended here, based solely on all the recommendations I've heard in this thread and previous ones on the same topic. INGO rarely agrees on much and he has been the one that has always come up.

Last edited:

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    Having a local person you can contact with questions/issues is well worth the cost.

Be aware that if you purchase an item through Silencer Central, they will insist on using their own "free" trust paperwork. I have an NFA trust that I bought online when I built an SBR several years ago. When I purchased some suppressors from SC, they insisted on using their own forms. It did not cost me anything, and it made the process smoother, so I went along. If I had a local attorney I am sure they could guide me through any concerns/questions regarding the new trust.

I just find it amusing that it takes years of legal training to read the words "shall not be infringed" and interpret them to mean "may be heavily regulated and/or prohibited." I am sure that Vroomfondel and Majikthise could explain the logic behind that. :blahblah:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom