• ...and so much more!
  • nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    That was as blatant as it gets. NONE of the officials saw it? Can they solve it by letting the replay official call it????

20190121_184542w_zpssrnrubsr.jpg

This one saw it. There was another angle of it showing an official at the 2 yard line that had a clear view of it as well.

They better clean up their show, or their fan base is going to go the way of nascar.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Actually, regarding Brady, there is no denying he is one of the best QBs ever (ethics excluded) I kept thinking about George C. Scott as Patton, where he says, "Rommel, you magnificent bastard. I read your book!" Problem is, apparently nobody has been able to read Brady's book.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Rams are quite beatable, as are the Patriots, but the Rams have weaknesses that I'm sure Belichick has been studying for some time.

The Brady haters should want him to win. That's the only way you're getting him out of the league any time soon.

I dont hate Brady.......I hate the Duo.........:):

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Some great commentary in the posts between this and my last one! Houghmade may be onto something. And of course he'll always try for 2 in a row to end, because, well, Elway has that...I also fear, for the rest of the league, that based the last 2 or 3 and especially on Sunday's game, Brady may have convinced Gronk to stay with a bit of an altered role. More blocking, less catches, more chances at fullback. He lloks like he's starting to have fun at football again.

Should be a great game. Although with the refs, it might need to be 52-21 just to be sure.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Some great commentary in the posts between this and my last one! Houghmade may be onto something. And of course he'll always try for 2 in a row to end, because, well, Elway has that...I also fear, for the rest of the league, that based the last 2 or 3 and especially on Sunday's game, Brady may have convinced Gronk to stay with a bit of an altered role. More blocking, less catches, more chances at fullback. He lloks like he's starting to have fun at football again.

Should be a great game. Although with the refs, it might need to be 52-21 just to be sure.

Yeah it is pretty much a free for all. But, as so many have said, give Brady a 1st and 10 on a 15 yard (false) roughing the passer and he will do something with that and I believe he did. He is just that freaking good.

Kansas never did come together. Receivers being creative and not running routes etc.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Yeah it is pretty much a free for all. But, as so many have said, give Brady a 1st and 10 on a 15 yard (false) roughing the passer and he will do something with that and I believe he did. He is just that freaking good.

Kansas never did come together. Receivers being creative and not running routes etc.

He sure doesn't need much help, for sure. Cheifs will be good for awhile Mahommes has a great future. I hear Brady went and had a quick one on one with him after the game to pay him some respect

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He sure doesn't need much help, for sure. Cheifs will be good for awhile Mahommes has a great future. I hear Brady went and had a quick one on one with him after the game to pay him some respect

I'm not sold on him yet.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I'm not sold on him yet.

Why not. He essentially showed all the skills of greatness and leadership in that game. He brought them back, a few times. I mean he hasn'r shown consistency over time yet. I think them , Dallas and LA Rams all have bright futures.
    So, What's Mohommes lacking? I may see it after I hear it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why not. He essentially showed all the skills of greatness and leadership in that game. He brought them back, a few times. I mean he hasn'r shown consistency over time yet. I think them , Dallas and LA Rams all have bright futures.
    So, What's Mohommes lacking? I may see it after I hear it.

He might show up next season.... OR... he might be yet another first year starting great year stud that struggles from here on out.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    This. As a Rams fan, I will say that the no-call was bad. However, there were a LOT of missed calls against the Saints and the Rams. There will be arguing forever about this call, but you can't let us come back from a 13-0 deficit. Especially when there were missed PIs, holds, and delay of games that should have given us yards, first downs when needed, and pushed the Saints fuether from the first down marker.

Either way, we are in and that'a what matters.

There were quite a few face masks and one Hulk Hogan leg drop by the Saints that didn’t get called but people only point out the late PI that “stole” a potential SB from Drew Brees. People must’ve forgotten that the Saints also got the ball first in OT as well. People only see what they want to see.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I have a friend on Facebook that is a Drew Brees fan that has posted several things about the non-call and is now in a long argument with a Rams fan about whether or not there was interference. It has been a fascinating look into how tenaciously people will cling to their believes in spite of all evidence to the contrary. I can understand and agree with things such as "it's just a football game", or "there are other bad calls in a game", or "they shouldn't have let it come down to one bad call", etc. There are any number of reasons not to get bent out of shape about that non-call.

This guy, however, is continuing to argue that it wasn't interference in the first place. The admission by the NFL that it should have been called didn't faze him, the admission by the defensive back didn't faze him, he still insists that it simply wasn't interference. I just find that aspect of it quite fascinating to observe.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    On a completely side note... does anybody else wish the NFL would adopt the same overtime format that the high school and colleges use? I find that far more entertaining.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    On a completely side note... does anybody else wish the NFL would adopt the same overtime format that the high school and colleges use? I find that far more entertaining.

NO. I figure one more quarter of 15 minutes to keep it fair all the way around would probably go over fine except the TV networks would scream about interrupting programing. After all the networks are the money behind all this ruckus.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    There were quite a few face masks and one Hulk Hogan leg drop by the Saints that didn’t get called but people only point out the late PI that “stole” a potential SB from Drew Brees. People must’ve forgotten that the Saints also got the ball first in OT as well. People only see what they want to see.

Bingo. When you blow a 13 point lead AND throw an INT in OT, it wasn't one missed call that lost the game, it was a culmination of things.
    I have a friend on Facebook that is a Drew Brees fan that has posted several things about the non-call and is now in a long argument with a Rams fan about whether or not there was interference. It has been a fascinating look into how tenaciously people will cling to their believes in spite of all evidence to the contrary. I can understand and agree with things such as "it's just a football game", or "there are other bad calls in a game", or "they shouldn't have let it come down to one bad call", etc. There are any number of reasons not to get bent out of shape about that non-call.

This guy, however, is continuing to argue that it wasn't interference in the first place. The admission by the NFL that it should have been called didn't faze him, the admission by the defensive back didn't faze him, he still insists that it simply wasn't interference. I just find that aspect of it quite fascinating to observe.
    Some people could go to the moon and still call it a hoax.

Top Bottom