• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I used to watch the game (kinda) for the commercials. I'd half pay attention to watch for the breaks.

Since they started pre-publishing them on youtube, I havent watched one single game. (Not a big sports fan. Except women's Curling.)
    Wonder if they will still try to rape advertisers again this year or if the NFL will have to adjust its rates lower based on their dismal ratings.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Wonder if they will still try to rape advertisers again this year or if the NFL will have to adjust its rates lower based on their dismal ratings.

I think their rates will go down a 'bit'. It is the biggest sporting event of the year...and I'd be surprised if that changes. Their rates will go down...but more like 3 million for 30 seconds to 2.9 million for 30 seconds or something like that. Big in their eyes...but insignificant when we see numbers like that.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Imagine a Steelers vs. Rams superb owl...

Or Jags vs. Rams...

Other than that, I don't really care as long as the Patriots aren't involved.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...cared enough to look at the topic then comment how much they don't care, but anyhoo...

Bills and Rams? TV holocaust.

LA doesn't care about football very much and Buffalo is a small market with a small fan base.

I'm sure the league would prefer many, many other matchups, preferably ones involving NE, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia or Minnesota, teams with fan bases and interest beyond their home regions.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    ...cared enough to look at the topic then comment how much they don't care, but anyhoo...

LA doesn't care about football very much and Buffalo is a small market with a small fan base.

I'm sure the league would prefer many, many other matchups, preferably ones involving NE, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia or Minnesota, teams with fan bases and interest beyond their home regions.

And mark my words; When viewership CONTINUES to be down due to the shenanigans we have been seeing, they will blame the big game's downturn on this lack of fan base. They will NOT admit that we've been jumping ship all season because we are tired of the crap.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Havent watched the NFL all year and dont give :poop::poop:.

Pretty much where I am at, and it really isn't related to politics, etc but just that the games seem to be boring last couple of years. Been watching College football this year (specifically SEC) as my son is down at Bama this year, and glad I did. It has been pretty good and much more fast paced than what I had seen in the NFL. The UCF & Auburn game (I watched part of the 3rd and all of the 4th quarter), the UGA & OU (Rose Bowl) game (watched it all) and they were excellent. I also watched most of the Bama & Clemson game (Sugar Bowl) (except for the overlap in the beginning with the Rose Bowl and once it was out of hand at the end). Brings me back to my youth and watching SEC football when I was a kid/teen in North Florida. Watching UGA take care of OU, and having an all SEC national championship is right in my interest zone.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Pretty much where I am at, and it really isn't related to politics, etc but just that the games seem to be boring last couple of years. Been watching College football this year (specifically SEC) as my son is down at Bama this year, and glad I did. It has been pretty good and much more fast paced than what I had seen in the NFL. The UCF & Auburn game (I watched part of the 3rd and all of the 4th quarter), the UGA & OU (Rose Bowl) game (watched it all) and they were excellent. I also watched most of the Bama & Clemson game (Sugar Bowl) (except for the overlap in the beginning with the Rose Bowl and once it was out of hand at the end). Brings me back to my youth and watching SEC football when I was a kid/teen in North Florida. Watching UGA take care of OU, and having an all SEC national championship is right in my interest zone.

Before last night, I had not seen Georgia play. Despite the TD fest it was, I was impressed with their front four. Seemed to be going 100 MPH on every play.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What if they threw a Super Bowl....and no one watched.
    That is not going to happen this year. Ratings will be down but there will still be people watching it.
    Sadly it does not happen over night that a large organization drops to 0 viewership.

They will but suspect that after this year if the rating continue to drop as they have been (which is good) then next year they won't have a solid leg to stand in terms of raping the advertisers. Only big ads will show up but the rest wont. And what hopefully we see is that the sponsors begin to pull out as well.

And mark my words; When viewership CONTINUES to be down due to the shenanigans we have been seeing, they will blame the big game's downturn on this lack of fan base. They will NOT admit that we've been jumping ship all season because we are tired of the crap.

Oh that is OK. So long as they continue to bleed slowly and just go away it will all be good.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

It's almost like they have a vested interest in seeing their "favored" teams wind up in the SB, huh? I'm sure that's never influenced oh, say... officiating or anything though. :whistle:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Aaand I would still have zero ****s to give! Not a single football game was watched in my household this past year, and Sundays have been better for it.

Exactly, I am amazed at how much I get done now on Sundays, now that I have quit watching the NFL.
    I'm not sure I will ever go back to watching it, and that was the only sport I watched.

Last edited:

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Perfect Season again this year. Zero NFL games watched for the second year in a row. I have not even worn my NFL hats, t-shirts, or sweatshirts.

The players made the game political and the owners/league sided with them instead of with my country. Stating an opinion is fine, writing a letter/article is fine, showing contempt and disrespect for the national anthem is not acceptable.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Perfect Season again this year. Zero NFL games watched for the second year in a row. I have not even worn my NFL hats, t-shirts, or sweatshirts.

The players made the game political and the owners/league sided with them instead of with my country. Stating an opinion is fine, writing a letter/article is fine, showing contempt and disrespect for the national anthem is not acceptable.

I actually donated all but two Colt's shirts to Good Will, and Operation Love Ministries. I kept an authentic Peyton Manning Jersey, and one Colt's T-Shirt, all the rest of it is gone.
    I do not need to give them FREE advertising.

Top Bottom