• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCowboysCR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 10, 2017
    Greenwood
    I have a GlockTalk thread going on this also. Many people saying they have the identical tool mark so apparently it’s a normal thing. I’m debating whether To sell the gun or not. It aggravates my OCD knowing it’s there lol.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    In machining that spot is called NCU (no clean up). Just a difference in the location of the slide in the fixture when machined. It used to be that a manufacturer would order castings or billets with plenty of stock to be sure all surfaces were able to be machined. Now days manufacturers use what are called "near net forgings" or billets to minimize material that is to be machined off. By being "near net" there is more of a chance to have NCU spots.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I see your posting in the classifieds, someone's going to get a nice deal on a new Glock.
    If I had the $ I would have been in your driveway by now.

DCowboysCR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 10, 2017
    Greenwood
    I see your posting in the classifieds, someone's going to get a nice deal on a new Glock.
    If I had the $ I would have been in your driveway by now.
    Yea I know right lol. Honestly I shouldn’t sell it but my OCD is aggravated knowing there’s a super small tool mark there. Insane I know lol. I’m already debating keeping it. Going back and forth.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    No worries DC, I understand how you feel, you sold it for a fair price, someone got a nice pistol from you, are you getting another Glock to replace it, or a different weapon altogether?

DCowboysCR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 10, 2017
    Greenwood
    I actually ended up selling it for $420. Just wanted to move it. Sticking with P-Series SIG’s, well that’s the plan anyway. Just bought 2 NIB SIG P229 9mm with rail legacy models LE29R-9-BSS-E2-LGCY.

i was surprised to find them at Shoot Point Blank Greenwood. I’ve only seen this sku online and restricted to LE/Military customers.

Top Bottom