• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ErickW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    So I install HVAC equipment for a living and Saturday I was working on some ductwork in an attic. As I climbed up into it I noticed a rifle sitting right by the access. Turns out it was an older Glenfield/Marlin model 60 with the squirrel engraved stock. When I got down I told the guy I would be interested in buying it if he wanted to sell. He says " yeah how does $20 sound." I didn't even think twice and no I've got an old model 60 in the collection. Needs cleaned up and new screws for the trigger assembly, but never thought I'd be the guy that would come across a deal like this!

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Before anybody else says it

I want to be the first to point out that you don't have enough posts on INGO to buy a gun. Therefore, you must turn it over to me. Being the good guy I am, I'll even give you a $5 profit.

Seriously, nice find! :D

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    Congratulations on a nice find. My Grandfather and Uncles were/are electricians in Vermont. They have found all kinds of interesting things hidden in walls and attics, but I don't think they have found any guns.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Is the squirrel stock special? If so, I better start taking better care of of mine. It's been my beater gun for 25 years.

Bottlefed

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Hamilton county
    It's amazing what you find I bought a dresser with a false back when I opened it it had an old army uniform and a pair of boots in one boot was a live pineapple grenade the other had a 4 barrel sharpes 22 pistol.

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    Can we ban krum? He already is proving to be a troll, one liners or garbage like that is all he's posting, and to actually add to the post, it would be great to find somethin like that squirreled away, lol, the only thing I've come close to finding is a 1976 bicentennial nylon 66 that is my dads that was tucked away in the garage broken, I found it cleaned it and fixed it then he takes it back

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    It's amazing what you find I bought a dresser with a false back when I opened it it had an old army uniform and a pair of boots in one boot was a live pineapple grenade the other had a 4 barrel sharpes 22 pistol.

Wow. How did you "dispose" of the grenade?

Also totally jealous of the Model 60 score. They are great rifles. I've thought about getting dupes when I see them $75, at $20 you don't even have to think about it.

ErickW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Yeah, I didn't think about it at all! I kind of felt bad actually, I was going to offer $50, but he hit me with the $20 first.

quake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Yeah, I didn't think about it at all! I kind of felt bad actually, I was going to offer $50, but he hit me with the $20 first.

Congrats!!! That sure doesn't happen every day. Gotta love it! Never had anything like that happen to me, though lol.

ErickW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Alright guys pics still coming, I've been busy, I have it tore down and soaking now. Should look great once back together!

Top Bottom