• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Cedar Lake IN
    Was at Applebees Fri night for dinner with my family. I OC, I noticed the family at the table next to us recognized my firearm on my hip. I wondered how they felt about it. Upon leaving the older gentleman at the table stopped me and asked what I was carrying. He shook my hand and thanked me for being a responsible Father and firearm owner. +1 to the kind old man :yesway:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Cedar Lake IN
    I OC'd at Applebee's because that is how I carry. If you choose to CC, I respect that and don't have the time or energy to engage in that argument. I decided to share the experience because it was a pleasant one.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I think psychologists call what you're doing projection...

I'm not a psychologist, so I'm just guessing here...

:):

Shoot, it's common knowledge I OC for the attention. Nothing new there. But just in case OP wasn't aware of this motivations for OCing, I thought I'd be a friend and clue him in.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I OC'd at Applebee's because that is how I carry. If you choose to CC, I respect that and don't have the time or energy to engage in that argument. I decided to share the experience because it was a pleasant one.
    You need to visit more often. It is well known the 88GT OCs and likes to have fun with others on INGO.:D Not bashing.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You need to visit more often. It is well known the 88GT OCs and likes to have fun with others on INGO.:D Not bashing.

:laugh: I must have a reputation if the guy who's only been here 3 months knows me. Or are you one a'em lurkers? :shady:

OP, I was yankin' yer chain. It was purple implied. I don't usually use purple though unless using purple satirizes the satire. Otherwise, I'm a purist for sarcasm; it should not be sullied with girly colors.

EDIT: on second thought, ru44magt, I wanna know what your other INGO handle(s) is(are)? Who do I really know you to be? You seem to be too hip to the scene for a newb or lurker.

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Was at Applebees Fri night for dinner with my family. I OC, I noticed the family at the table next to us recognized my firearm on my hip. I wondered how they felt about it. Upon leaving the older gentleman at the table stopped me and asked what I was carrying. He shook my hand and thanked me for being a responsible Father and firearm owner. +1 to the kind old man :yesway:

Was it a stainless model with blinking colored LED's on it? :D Applebee's isn't the most well-lit place in town.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    :laugh: I must have a reputation if the guy who's only been here 3 months knows me. Or are you one a'em lurkers? :shady:

OP, I was yankin' yer chain. It was purple implied. I don't usually use purple though unless using purple satirizes the satire. Otherwise, I'm a purist for sarcasm; it should not be sullied with girly colors.

EDIT: on second thought, ru44magt, I wanna know what your other INGO handle(s) is(are)? Who do I really know you to be? You seem to be too hip to the scene for a newb or lurker.
    TIN CAN:laugh::laugh::laugh:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013

Just kidding. I've thought you have had good posts. Your avatar kinda freaked me out until I realized it was probably your husband. And just because someone is new to INGO doesn't mean he is new to life or firearms. You have good opinions. It's easy to remember the good and the bad. It's the ones in between that are hard to remember.:D

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Just kidding. I've thought you have had good posts. Your avatar kinda freaked me out until I realized it was probably your husband. And just because someone is new to INGO doesn't mean he is new to life or firearms. You have good opinions. It's easy to remember the good and the bad. It's the ones in between that are hard to remember.:D

Oh, god, don't I wish. Well, not really. He's probably liberal as hell and the fantasy would be ruined. Not to mention Mr88GT is a really great husband and father (just in case he reads this thread ;)) But I do have permission to make a one night stand out of him. :naughty:

I'm also quoting this to prove that someone thinks I say good stuff. :D

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I know I'm probably going to start a sh*tstorm here and this has probably been discussed ad infinitum. But what is the BIG DEAL about OC? Because YOU CAN doesn't always make it a good idea. I would prefer that NOBODY knows I'm carrying.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I know I'm probably going to start a sh*tstorm here and this has probably been discussed ad infinitum. But what is the BIG DEAL about OC? Because YOU CAN doesn't always make it a good idea. I would prefer that NOBODY knows I'm carrying.

It's not always a good idea to post just because you can either.

Top Bottom