• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dilligaf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Just south of Heaven
    Hey Everyone, just wanted to say I was in your state last week for a family vacation. Went to the Indianapolis Zoo, Holiday World, Squire Boone Caverns, Indiana Caverns, Marengo Cave, and Blue Springs Caverns. My Wife, Daughter, and I had a really great time. Nice area, with nice people. We have been to all the caves in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, and Kentucky. Can't think of any negatives (except for the dreaded road construction, but tis the season. ) Holiday World was really nice, the water park was awesome.
    :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Glad to hear you had a good time in Indiana! I live in the Southern part of the state, I can see Kentucky from My back yard, and let me tell you, the road construction is about to get a LOT worse for the next few years.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Glad to hear you had a good time in Indiana! I live in the Southern part of the state, I can see Kentucky from My back yard, and let me tell you, the road construction is about to get a LOT worse for the next few years.
    We're heading to the Street Rod Nationals at the Kentucky State Fairgrounds on Thursday, where's the construction?

Last edited:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    We're heading to the Street Rod Nationals at the Kentucky State Fairgrounds on Thursday, where's the construction?
    I-70, I-65, I-69, who knows, where else..... Oh, yes, construction, will begin in Downtown Indy, with the "lowering" of I-65, and I-70, to prevent more high trucks, hitting the bridges.....

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    You should be fine, the major stuff hasn't started yet. The I65 bridge has some resurfacing or something going on, so you may wanna take the 2nd street bridge if you get down here and traffic starts backing up.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I-70, I-65, I-69, who knows, where else..... Oh, yes, construction, will begin in Downtown Indy, with the "lowering" of I-65, and I-70, to prevent more high trucks, hitting the bridges.....

If he's going to Louisville via I-69 or I-70, he's going to have a very long trip.

jackofspades

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Fishers/Noblesville
    Sounds like you went all over Indiana.... those places aren't exactly all next to one another. Heck, I live in Indiana, like most of those places, yet can't make it to all of them within a year. Glad you enjoyed the state! I agree...waterpark at holiday world is one of the best I have ever been to. Great for kids.

Ronn38

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    I ride my motorcycle around the state and road closures just seem to pop out of nowhere (36, 9, 1, etc). If you come back soon, and tripe from Madison down Hywy 56 along the Ohio is very scenic and lots of shops for the ladies (which may not be a good thing for your wallet;-). IN Madison the red Pepper Grill has GREAT pizza!

Ronn

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    Thanks for your tax dollars!:yesway: And glad you enjoyed the state!

One of the best tourism board slogans I heard in Houston or New Orleans was 'Spend a Weekend as a Tourist in Your Hometown'. We've done that here a couple times and always have fun. A week or so ago we stayed in downtown Indy and caught an Indians game, walked to nice restaurants and the Indy Zoo the next day. Was great fun!

We've done Holiday World too and had a blast! Thanks for the opinion on the caverns, that's next on our list!

Come back soon!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom