• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I have 2 by WMD and 2 by Ice Arms. They are absolutely worth it to me. Cleaning is a breeze. I had an AR that didn't like steel cased ammo but after getting the NiB bcg, it ran fine. I also have a 5.45x39 AR so it was a must for the corrosive 7n6.

If purchasing one, be sure to go with a company that properly does the NiB coating. That's why I have stayed away from the PSA version as they will not comment on the process they use.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I used to think they weren't worth it but after handling hundreds of AR's while safety checking them for NRAAM I noticed how slippery the NiBor bolts were compared to the others. In a harsh, bet your life on it type of situation the easier to clean, lower maintenance and lower friction NiBor bolt might come in handy.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Add me to the "believers" side of the vote. I was a skeptic until the first time I spent a bunch of time with it, and I've become a fan.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Add me to the "believers" side of the vote. I was a skeptic until the first time I spent a bunch of time with it, and I've become a fan.

Same here. Once you see how triflow or any oil beads-up on the NiB and how they run you'll be convinced.

Agree with wesnefeld on the steel case too.

AIM has them on sale occasionally.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    They're all I run now. I can second the steel cased ammo comment, and they are so much easier to maintain. I run my rifle wet, but I think you could probably run them dry in a pinch.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    hype. but then, I solve the hard to clean problem by just adding lube and shooting more. you're supposed to clean them? maybe... but even if that's true, you don't have to be able to eat off them when you're done...

-rvb

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    hype. but then, I solve the hard to clean problem by just adding lube and shooting more. you're supposed to clean them? maybe... but even if that's true, you don't have to be able to eat off them when you're done...

-rvb

I don't understand what you are saying here??? Shoot until bolt glows red. Remove and wrap with raw bacon. Let sizzle. Eat.

:bacondance::bacondance::bacondance:

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Where one of the better known brands like WMD is within $10 of a standard BCG? I paid $96 for my PSA premium BCG. Thanks.

SILVERBACK

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    MONROVIA
    HYPE....CHROME LINED Just how freaking lazy do you have be to wipe it down. Scape very little carbon after thousands of rounds, "it's new,it's for me AR crowd''
    we'll not so new but you get the point.
    SHTF, I'LL SEE YOU BEFORE YOU SEE ME, WITH YOUR SHINNY ''HAY YA'LL LOOK AT MY SHINY EASY TO WIPE DOWN NICKLE BORON BCG''.:popcorn:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

-rvb

I debated back and forth on getting one and trying it out, but I've never had a bad experience with phosphate. I'm with rvb, just add more lube, I don't clean them and more lube works. Slip 2000 EWL FTW :yesway:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

Thanks for the link! Unfortunately, I don't have confidence in the PTAC though. Coating steel is a very delicate and precise process. It takes very little to mess it up. I would consider the Fail Zero or the WMD. But I think I'll just stick with my current BCG.

Heck, I haven't ever had any issues with my firearms when it comes to lubrication or functionality. I shoot them and occasionally clean them. They run fine.:)

Knock on wood, I have not had any issues with my 9mm 1911 yet the internet is full of people saying how 9mm 1911's are temperamental and don't run as well as the .45's do.

Top Bottom