• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I just disagree with the premise of the thread and title. They make it seem as if something is wrong and that is just not the case. The data is there, it would make more sense to post that idiots use the wrong numbers for their points, but data set seems good to me. The thread seems to blame the NICS data when the blame needs to be pointed elsewhere.
    Fine, how about "Publicized NICS checks counts...." or "NICS checks counts that 99%+ of you have read..."

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I am concerned that Indiana may be using NICS for traffic stops. Is NICS supposed to be used for that purpose?

The traffic stops is strictly my best guess as to where those Indiana rechecks come from. That said, there is no law that I'm aware of saying a NICS check can't be run for any purpose a state decides it wants one.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If you are for or against you can pull whatever data makes the point of view valid. But if you dig into the data it might tell a different story.

I am concerned that Indiana may be using NICS for traffic stops. Is NICS supposed to be used for that purpose?

I understood the point to be that a traffic citation would trigger a recheck of permit to be certain the poessessor had not become prohibited...

Top Bottom