• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    Back in May I was erroneously denied. Today I got my UPIN and a proceed certificate (although 30 days has passed and it’s now invalid, just means I have to do another NICS check).

I contacted a 2a attorney from another forum and he filed a lawsuit against the bureau with the only intention of expediting my appeal. 2 month to the day is not a bad outcome for a resolution compared to what I’ve seen around. If anyone is going through the same situation, I’d be happy to walk you through it.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I should get a UPIN. Have never been denied but went through a series of delays a fee years back. I considered getting one but I haven't had any delays since.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I should get a UPIN. Have never been denied but went through a series of delays a fee years back. I considered getting one but I haven't had any delays since.

If I’m understanding the process right you need a denial before they will start the UPIN process? Thought I read this in the OP’s previous thread.
    Otherwise I’m in the same boat with you, I get delayed from time to time and a couple months wait Would be no problem to avoid being delayed.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    If I’m understanding the process right you need a denial before they will start the UPIN process? Thought I read this in the OP’s previous thread.
    Otherwise I’m in the same boat with you, I get delayed from time to time and a couple months wait Would be no problem to avoid being delayed.
    This is correct. Denial must happen or VAF application will be ignored.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    You can be delayed even with a upin.
    Yup, but the denial is the crappy thing. They require this unbelievable time consuming pita appeal process. I’ve heard of folks submit an appeal and are still waiting 3 years later. That’s why I opted for legal assistance.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Yup, but the denial is the crappy thing. They require this unbelievable time consuming pita appeal process. I’ve heard of folks submit an appeal and are still waiting 3 years later. That’s why I opted for legal assistance.

Yeah I've read, I'm glad you got through so fast. The answer may be too not go it alone and retain a good lawyer. My response was mainly for the other guys talking about getting one to avoid a delay.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I would consider getting a UPIN if my name was John Smith but my name is very unique.......... not to be confused with Eunuch.

Top Bottom