• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HollidaySlim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I am in the same exact situation, ever since they have moved to the "new" NICS system I have been delayed. Before I would go to the 2nd examiner and get an immediate proceed, now a delay with a resolution in a couple days...

The Professor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    Evansville
    I know the reason for my delays. It's a speeding ticket that shows as "unresolved" or somesuch from Colorado. When I went to get my CHL, it popped up again and we were able to determine, on the spot, that it had been corrected (by calling the court, directly). But since it doesn't show final disposition on the case, it flags NICS.

I've contacted the court twice to ask them to correct it, but it still pops up. I'm probably going to have to get one of those Unique ID's or somesuch.

The Professor

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    I have a similar issue. I seem to have a very common name, and a few felons share it as well. I have considered a upin but am hesitant due to the unknown of its process. Maybe Ill look further into it.

HollidaySlim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I have a similar issue. I seem to have a very common name, and a few felons share it as well. I have considered a upin but am hesitant due to the unknown of its process. Maybe Ill look further into it.

Considering the FBI NICS website states the following - "The NICS Section’s Appeal Services Team is currently processing appeal cases received in June 2015 and Voluntary Appeal File (VAF) cases received in January 2015."

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that UPIN

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Considering the FBI NICS website states the following - "The NICS Section’s Appeal Services Team is currently processing appeal cases received in June 2015 and Voluntary Appeal File (VAF) cases received in January 2015."

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that UPIN

I don't have to hold my breath for anything... I'm gtg (Good to go)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    nwabky.jpg

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    From my past experience and info gathered from various FFL's,

No "further review" if they run your 4473 online.

When via phone, the people who answer the phone call are contractors.

They can make the calls for "proceed" or "delay", or transfer to an ATF agent for "further review".

They very first gun I bought, I was denied after further review by an agent. I got cleared after going through the appeal process with finger prints and stuff. It took about 3 and half weeks back then. But I didn't apply for an UPIN(my mistake, I thought once I was cleared, I'd be good to go, I was wrong).

For half a dozen times later on, I was put on "further review", and got the Proceed in couple minutes while the agent on the phone.

Few other times I got the delay after further review.

Someone may have the correct info on this, the denials must be issued by an ATF agent, no the call center contractors.

Top Bottom