• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bap1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 29, 2011
    NE Indy
    I have been shopping for some night sights to add to a couple of my guns and came across this set of Amerglo's. I really like the sight picture and can imagine that during the day these will really pop, but I am curious to how well a glow dot in front and none in back can be useful in a dark setting. Anyone have or use these? Thoughts?

3-1027407.jpg

Bmrdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    My opinion is that you need both front and rear "illuminated" sights, otherwise how do you know for sure where you are aiming? Got Trijicon's on my G26... makes a big difference in ability to sight it in the dark.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    I Kinda have a different view point on Night sights. If you can't see your sites. Then how can you see what your shooting at?:dunno: That noise you could hear could be your loved one getting a mid night snack.:twocents:

But then again, why not upgrade if you don't like the sites you have. Right now i am a huge fan of the bar - * site. others like the 3 dot sites. I don't care for glocks standard U * sights so if i was to change them to a 3 dot i probably would just shell a little more out for a 3 dot trijicon site system.. :twocents:

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I have those sights on my G19 and would highly recommend them. I had a noticeable improvement in speed and accuracy compared to 3 dot sights. I have no problems in low light whether I'm using a flash light or not.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The Glock 23 I just picked up was a Talo run and it had the following sights on it:

Ameriglo-Both-Sights-Small-232x350.jpg

The yellow bar on the back sight is not self luminescent but the front is a self luminescent tritium sight. When I have checked them out in the dark/low light it seems it could be difficult to "line up" the sights like a 3 dot system, since the rear is not self luminescent. The yellow bar on the rear sight disappears in the dark to my eyes.

I'm not 100% yet on how much I like them for night sights.

I think a system with either 3 dot or some other method that has self luminescent sights on both front and back, but that you can distinguish the front sight from the rears )different colors, etc) might be the best for easy alignment.

I have a Glock 27 with the standard 3 dot Trijicon night sights (as all my other night sights have ever been in the past), so again, I'm not 100% sold on the different style as yet.

Here is a write up on these types of sights:

pistol-training.com » Blog Archive » Glock 17 gen4 Endurance Test: Week 34

Last edited:
    Top Bottom