• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    What thermal you going with? My buddy up here has the trijicon snipe-IR.... pretty dope
    What’s up man? It’s been a while!

I kinda went an unusual route- a Flir T50 clip-on thermal. I got a steal on it and figured it would get me started.

It has its pros and cons. Sitting in front of a 1-4 scope, it can run all the way down to a true 1x, which was a big plus for hog hunting down in the swamps in Georgia. It doesn’t have quite the image that some of the newer (high-dollar) units put out, but it will detect out to 400 at least, and I can identify what I’m seeing out to 200. So far I like it a lot, but I’m taking it coyote hunting next week, and we’ll see how it stacks up to some fancy new rigs.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Got my nods.

Ended up deciding to pay a little extra for the dtnvgs. The articulation is a nice feature and they sit very close to the helmet. Very happy with the L3 unfilmed tubes that I got. I only ordered the "1701" which was the lowest priced option for the unfilmed, and happy that I did. Pretty sure these specs turned out to be on the higher end for that model.

I took a couple videos in my pitch black basement, and outside my house. Will try to upload those sometime this week. Once I get all the gear squared away, I will also try to upload a video of the perst 3 I picked up.
    My specs:
    SNR: 35.2/35.9
    Center Res: 72/72
    Halo: .7/.7
    EBI: .9/.6

Napalmx9

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Bluffton
    Got my nods.

Ended up deciding to pay a little extra for the dtnvgs. The articulation is a nice feature and they sit very close to the helmet. Very happy with the L3 unfilmed tubes that I got. I only ordered the "1701" which was the lowest priced option for the unfilmed, and happy that I did. Pretty sure these specs turned out to be on the higher end for that model.

I took a couple videos in my pitch black basement, and outside my house. Will try to upload those sometime this week. Once I get all the gear squared away, I will also try to upload a video of the perst 3 I picked up.
    My specs:
    SNR: 35.2/35.9
    Center Res: 72/72
    Halo: .7/.7
    EBI: .9/.6

Awesome, I got my Perst 3 in a bit ago, has been looking great under nods in the back yard but haven't been able to sight it in or shoot with it yet unfortunately.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Awesome, I got my Perst 3 in a bit ago, has been looking great under nods in the back yard but haven't been able to sight it in or shoot with it yet unfortunately.

I sighted my perst in by looking at something in the distance and converging my laser to the dot on my eotech. Is it parallel offset? No... did it work for now? Yep. I was able to get consistent hits at 100yds with the "converging" zero. For now its fine. Once I have more time I will probably try to do the parallel.

How long did it end up taking you to get it from when you ordered it?

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Congrats on the dual DTNVG's man! I've got two 14's I run on ops core helmet and a G24 mount. I am planning on selling both of them to fund a dual tube setup like you just got though. I live south of you and mainly shoot out at my parents place. However, from talking to the range president where I belong it sounds like I can get permission to shoot there at night if I go to a board meeting.

Robpc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2023
    Valparaiso
    We've got some nice farmland up here in Northwest Indiana that we have permission to shoot on. I have seen the thread about the ohio night vision shoot on arfcom. I think a few of us plan on making the trip up there as well. Im running a sico omega on my 11.5 pistol with a perst 3 on order. It left the Motherland on December 11th and has not reached the states. If your perst 3 was shipped around the holidays there are some massive delays. They plan on refunding the shipping when the get their refund from the carrier. My buddy ordered his December 27th and he already has it. He has an atpial-c as well. It literally blows the atpial-c out of the water according to him.
    I’m in Valparaiso new to this group but would love to shoot with like minded people. Hit me up if your interested on a newcomer joining you sometime.

Robpc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2023
    Valparaiso
    I’m getting into the night vision game. Have about 3 or 4 friends that already have the gear. We’ve got a couple places that we can shoot at up here in NWI. I was wondering how many other Ingoers have nods, and shoot with them often. Anyone know of any good ranges close to NWI that allow night shooting?

In addition, what is everyone using for their setup? (Helmet, lasers, Illuminators, mono/duals?)

Thanks for responses,
    Sheep
    Katana L3 unfilimed duals on ops core with FP peq15 on a DD suppressed sbr 300 blk…. Would love to find some people in NWI to shoot with.

Robpc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2023
    Valparaiso
    We've got some nice farmland up here in Northwest Indiana that we have permission to shoot on. I have seen the thread about the ohio night vision shoot on arfcom. I think a few of us plan on making the trip up there as well. Im running a sico omega on my 11.5 pistol with a perst 3 on order. It left the Motherland on December 11th and has not reached the states. If your perst 3 was shipped around the holidays there are some massive delays. They plan on refunding the shipping when the get their refund from the carrier. My buddy ordered his December 27th and he already has it. He has an atpial-c as well. It literally blows the atpial-c out of the water according to him.
    You guys still shooting with NVG’s? I’m in NWI & would love to find a group & a place to shoot at night.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Ill guess ill update this thread LOL. Ive since gone from DTNVGS to RNVGS to DUAL 14s on a panobridge...to now my current set is 1431 mk2s. REALLY like the mk2s from argus. They are filmed xlsh tubes with similar specs to my initial unfilmed and it's really hard to see a difference in performance.

I have gear ADHD really bad.

BravoOneFour

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    kokomo
    I’m getting into the night vision game. Have about 3 or 4 friends that already have the gear. We’ve got a couple places that we can shoot at up here in NWI. I was wondering how many other Ingoers have nods, and shoot with them often. Anyone know of any good ranges close to NWI that allow night shooting?

In addition, what is everyone using for their setup? (Helmet, lasers, Illuminators, mono/duals?)

Thanks for responses,
    Sheep
    Idk how far you are from Kokomo, but my buddy owns machinegun excursions. I go shoot out there with nods often. I'd love to meet some other hoosiers with nod capabilities.

HopOnMyGlock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    Just wanted to jump in, if anyone in the Fort Wayne area knows of a place for NV shooting / has a group that likes to get together with nods and is open to meeting up feel free to dm me. Even if it’s just doing hikes or something under nods I’d probably be interested, I run a WP DTNVS.

BravoOneFour

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    kokomo
    Just wanted to jump in, if anyone in the Fort Wayne area knows of a place for NV shooting / has a group that likes to get together with nods and is open to meeting up feel free to dm me. Even if it’s just doing hikes or something under nods I’d probably be interested, I run a WP DTNVS.
    Did I bump into you on Reddit a couple months ago? I was talking to some guy in the night vision sun from Fort Wayne looking for a place.

Top Bottom