• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • movevio

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    The time has come when i decide i HAVE to buy a nice night vision scope. this has been a long time coming and i have done some serious research but am wondering what existing owners think. main use will be punishing coyotes and other night creatures. all advice is appreciated

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    My experience with NVD's ended when I left the Army 20+ years ago... AN/PVS-7's where the hot ticket ticket then, all the scopes (that I used) pretty much sucked.

With that as my reference, I'd definitely go Gen 3 or higher... have you looked here?
    TNVC.com

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    My experience with NVD's ended when I left the Army 20+ years ago... AN/PVS-7's where the hot ticket ticket then, all the scopes (that I used) pretty much sucked.

With that as my reference, I'd definitely go Gen 3 or higher... have you looked here?
    TNVC.com
    I followed the link,
    AN/PVS-27 MUNS looks awesome. "call to order" where the price would usually be is never a good sign when it comes to price. It is like "market value" on a menu.:D

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i would stay with a gen 3. i had a mk7700 gen 3 and it was nice just not my cup of tea. i would like to have had it long enought to try it on a night like tonight

HK Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    It all depends on what you want to spend.

To own the night you can't beat a gen 3 PVS 14, lots of accessories and milspec. Helmet mount it, stick a laser on your rifle and you are in there like swim wear (with a gun mount you have to point your gun at whatever you want to look at).

Lots of good info over at AR15.com in the armory under night vision.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 14, 2010
    I've used the PVS 14's quite a bit - they're fantastic pieces of equipment. I've used them attached to a helmet, but I'm nearly certain they can be mounted to rifles with compatible scopes as well. Like HK Guy was saying, with an IR laser system (AN/PEQ 2 - I don't think the PEQ 15's are available to civilians) mounted onto your rifle, you will truly own the night. It is literally point and shoot at that point.

HK Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    IR is pretty salty, visible lasers works just fine (for most). Then again I'm not repelling out of helicopters as and fighting Zombies / Insurgents.

The PVS14 is weapons mountable, but the helmet mount is the bomb.

Top Bottom