• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    EDIT:This posting was in reply to a thread started by another member. His OP has vanished, leaving this one at the top of the thread. The OP initially requested opinions on Nighthawk 1911s versus some of the other higher end 1911s available, and whether pistols of that price range were worth the money.

I prefer the guns from their neighbors across the street, but "worth the price" is a very personal assessment.

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I prefer the guns from their neighbors across the street, but "worth the price" is a very personal assessment.
    They are both very nice pistols but in my limited experience with both makers I would have to agree with you, if Wilson Combat is the "across the street" you are eluding to. I've been to Berryville and it's a very small place but it seems to be 1911 headquarters for the world. Wilson, Nighthawk, Guncrafters and I think there might be a couple more high end makers there??. Your "worth the price" comment is also right on, IMHO.

Last edited:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Based solely on interwebz report, I would go with Wilson Combat if I was going to build a custom/semi-custom 1911. I doubt that I am a good enough shooter to fully appreciate one, but I still want one!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Are these guns worth the price?

Since I can build my own they seem very overpriced to me because I know what goes into them and what components cost etc. If you can't do your own work then like everybody says it's relative. I have owned two Wilsons before but bought them used so I saved around 800.00 at least over new and this is the route I would take. I do believe you get more options in a Nighthawk for free over a Wilson though for a little less money.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Hey Moderator? I didn't start this thread, but the original OP's post from twsulli54 vanished and now my reply doesn't make a whole lot of sense...could you delete the thread for me?

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    I will have one someday. I do not know if it will be a Wilson or a Nighthawk. If Bill Wilson built it - decision made - but his stable of gunsmith's would lead me to say they are not a competitive advantage over Nighthawk - not fact based - just my perception.

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    Buy it new or pre-owned? Best place to try to find a pre-owned?

Got it at Indiana Gun Club in Fishers. It was sold as "used", but pretty sure it was never fired outside the factory. They have a great selection of both new and used nighthawks and wilsons, selection will vary day to day.

Mark

Top Bottom