• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dbusby2009

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Madison County
    Was looking into the Nikon Buck Master scope for my 12 guage mossberg 935 for whitetail next year. (im thinking ahead lol) but anyone ever used one? whats your opinion? Any advise on Nikon in general. I know they make a hell of a camera. :D
    Let me know what you think:ingo:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i have a nikon buckmasters 6-18x40. i think its a great scope for the money. i have it on a muzzleloader that i deer hunt with. the only problem i have with the scope is it does not track well (i use holdovers for hunting so thats no big deal) and it sort of feels like tunnel vison when looking through it

koenig clone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    fairmount
    nikons are good scopes for the money. save some cash and put a prostaff 3-9X50 on that shotgun. works well on my 1187. I have an Omega on another shotgun. works well also. A little longer eye relief. buckmaster may be a little overkill for a shotgun.
    ps i think they are on sale at cabelas right now.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    nikons are good scopes for the money. save some cash and put a prostaff 3-9X50 on that shotgun. works well on my 1187. I have an Omega on another shotgun. works well also. A little longer eye relief. buckmaster may be a little overkill for a shotgun.
    ps i think they are on sale at cabelas right now.

The Buck Masters scopes are actually a product line above the Pro Staff.
    The BM's usually have Adjustable Objective (a majority being side focus at that) and Resettable Finger adjustable turrets. Where as the Prostaff's generally have coin/slotted turrets that can not be reset after zerod and are fixed in the parallax.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I recently bought two of the refurbished Muckmasters. 4.5-16x. Very nice scopes. I had a Leupold Rifleman on my .308 and replaced it with the Nikon. Glass seemed every bit as clear and bright and it had the nice features Jahred mentioned above. Mine've got teh BDC reticle on them and it works very well for holdover when shooting subsonic ammo through my can.

Definately good scopes for the money. Check out SWFA's Sample List to see if they may have some demo models for a good price.

Doug K

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Just a possible option....
    I have a Marlin 1895G with an XS Scout rail on it; the plan was to put either a Burris or Leupold IER scout scope on it. I ended up trying a Bushnell Banner 1.75-4x shotgun scope on it and it worked so well that the scout scopes have been put on hold. The Bushnell shotgun scope has more eye relief than their standard scopes, and on the 1.75x setting I can shoot w/both eyes open. They're priced < $100 and mine's held up to ~150 rounds of .45-70.... I have a Buckmaster on my .30-06, and a ProStaff on my 10/22; the Bushnell is different, but not "worse."
    Just a thought...

Top Bottom