• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselmudder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    United States
    im considering using this on my AR for varmint hunting, recreational target shooting. i chose this for the simple reticle, power, and price range. im just curious how well the BDC works with other ammunition, its recommended for 55gr, polymer tipped. but i will probably use 64 gr PSP for predator and varmint control. 300 yds and less. if anyone uses this for a hunting rifle, or would like to refer something similar with a sub $200 price point i would appreciate the input.

bman940

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    N. Tx
    Excellent Choice

im considering using this on my AR for varmint hunting, recreational target shooting. i chose this for the simple reticle, power, and price range. im just curious how well the BDC works with other ammunition, its recommended for 55gr, polymer tipped. but i will probably use 64 gr PSP for predator and varmint control. 300 yds and less. if anyone uses this for a hunting rifle, or would like to refer something similar with a sub $200 price point i would appreciate the input.

Diesel, You are making a very sound choice. I have been using this scope on my LMT for at least 18 months with no regrets. Very clear, 9X helps me make quick accurate shots and Nikon's BDC reticle will let you enter the info on your 64 gr. PSP ammo to get the greatest longrange accuracy around. Make sure you measure the scope height, mid bore to mid scope and enter that into the program to increase accuracy. I think you will be very happy. The scope and mounts are currently under a Nikon Promo so you can save some money at check out. Check with some of this sites Sponsors to see if they are participating dealers. Drop me a note if you have any questions.

P-2233-9BDC.jpg

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I have a p 223 myself but it not the veritable power scope and I wish it was... But I like it, sighted it in a 200 at zero w/55gr and its on 200-400-600yds as they say.. +1 from me..

bman940

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    N. Tx
    I have a p 223 myself but it not the veritable power scope and I wish it was... But I like it, sighted it in a 200 at zero w/55gr and its on 200-400-600yds as they say.. +1 from me..

I really like the P-223 3X Carbine scope just for the reason's you describe. My son confiscated my scope and put it on his Comp. AR once we started having 200 yard targets to engage. Very quick to get on target, excellent field of view and very clear. It is also included in the Promo with the mount that Nikon has going on right now.
    Isn't shooting a ball?

P-2233X-1.jpg

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I really like the P-223 3X Carbine scope just for the reason's you describe. My son confiscated my scope and put it on his Comp. AR once we started having 200 yard targets to engage. Very quick to get on target, excellent field of view and very clear. It is also included in the Promo with the mount that Nikon has going on right now.
    Isn't shooting a ball?

P-2233X-1.jpg

I have the same scope and yea I love shoot'n too.... But would still like to have the one thats a veritable power scope just to be able to zoom in a little bit... A yote at 200 +yds is hard to see without the veritable power.. When the croos hairs are on the yote out at 200 + yds it covers his whole body, but if hes in the cross hairs you can kill'm anyway...

DoctorThunder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    I have the 3-9x40 and love it. They say the BDC reticle is developed for a 55gr polymer tipped round, so go online or buy their SpotOn app and print off the reticle chart for your specific ammo. If you reload ammo, it's a pretty useful app.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Take a look at cameraland.com they are ingo advertisers and I've bought several scopes from them and their prices can't be beat. For tee money you will save I highly recomend Vortex!

bman940

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    N. Tx
    DocT, You are so Spot On with your comment, sorry, couldn't resist. Dialing in your rifle,scope and ammo is so easy with Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program. Make sure you enter the right scope height as well, mid bore to mid scope for most accurate result and if you can chrono your round even better. Check out Ingo sponsors for the best deal. Nikon currently has all their AR scope's on Promo with $ off at check out. Drop me a note with any question's about Nikon products guys.

Top Bottom