• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    i love the buckmaster line. they are clear and affordable.
    the prostaff are also a fine pick, but not "much" cheaper than the buckmaster.
    the monarch line is nice, but for a daytime shooter, the tiny bit more light transmission you get isnt worth the extra 100-300 bucks.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i like nikon quality better than leopold and they arn't as expensive. i think a long time ago leopold was one of the scopes on the market, but they rest to much on there name now imo

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I have a couple ProStaff scopes, and they are Crystal Clear. I'd say they are right in line with Burris.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    Thanks for all your replies. Hinting to get one but not yet, need to do more research before I jump on one.

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    i have a nikon buckmaster 4.5-14 X 40 mounted on an old sporterized czech 7mm mauser. holds zero well. very clear. as 7mm mauser is hard to come by these days the scope gets less action than i had anticipated when i bought it, unfortunately, so my feed back to you is kinda limited.

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    I have a Nikon 2.5-7 power on my Knight muzzleloader. Very nice scope - no issues over the past 5-6 years. I think it was the Buckmaster line, but it was very inexpensive <$100 if I recall.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    What are the different between all these different model lines? Prostaff, Buckmaster, and Monarch. I am looking for good scope for my 30/06 or 223 rem.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Different lines have different features like the size of the objective lense, reticle, variable power, location of the focus adjustment, and finish to name a few.

for a 30-06 and 223 you should pry look into the ProStaff and the Monarch line. The Monarch line will have scopes with more magnification and bigger objectives and some more features, but they do cost more too.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    Thanks, I am not looking for anything more than 10x. I'd probably go for the Prostaff since it's cheaper. I only have 100 yards range to shoot.

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    ill jump in one more time and say that 4-14 buckmaster is my fav scope out of the whole line. at 100 yds its much easier to see holes on 14 power than the 9 power of the prostaff

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    Well, I have a spotting scope with me. But I know the convenience of not having to move from shooting.

Right now I am starting to save for the Nikon IRT 4-12x but it's too pricey right now.

Last edited:

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Google "factory refurbished nikon scopes" and see what you come up with . I bought a factory redone nikon scope from someplace on line and its as good as new, only half the price.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Google "factory refurbished nikon scopes" and see what you come up with . I bought a factory redone nikon scope from someplace on line and its as good as new, only half the price.

Optics Planet sells factory demo's which have the same warranty as a new scope and you get it at about 20% off or so. :yesway:

acetylcholine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    I currently have a centerpoint 4-16x40 on my 10/22, and im almost sure im taking this one back to wally world for the 2nd time, bc the windage wasnt working @ last range visit.

I had my eye on the Prostaff 3-9x40mm for a while: can anyone tell me if its got an adjustable objective or how the focus works on that scope? anyone love/hate that particular one?

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I have a Nikon Monarch on my 458 Socom and I'm satisfied so far. I really like it.

Also, if you didn't already know about it, you should really check out The Sample List - The Entire Sample List!
    It is full of factory reconditioned scopes. My Nikon Monarch was just a little bit more than the lower end scopes, and I couldn't even find the "light ring marks" they were talking about.

Last edited:

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009

:D I picked up a factory refurb on line for about half price too; and I couldn't tell you who it was from either!

Top Bottom