• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrogers88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    linton
    Im lookin to get a .22 or. 25 cal air rifle for pest control but i dont know which id be better off gettin. Ive had a springer before and accuracy was almost imposible unless held exactly perfect. So what are the pros and cons of these two designs and which would you choose

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    I shoot alot of PCP guns and love them for your purpose.
    With a pcp you will need a air source,Handpump carbonfiber tank,or a shoebox air compressor.
    A great gun for the money is the Benjamin marauder.
    Either caliber works good but the 25 hits like a hammer.
    But I have killed crows at 100 yards with a 22 cal.
    A springer would also work but the pcp is the cadillac.
    Good luck and dont let the bb gun bug bite you to bad. lol

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I have had a bunch of springers..mostly RWS. A couple of years ago I bought a Benjamin Discovery in 22 caliber complete with the hand pump. I really like it but I wanted to upgrade to the .25 cal Benjamin Marauder...kinda expensive but I bought it anyway. I am just waiting for the weather to warm up a little so I can chrono it and sight in the scope. I have the power turned all the way up and I want to see what it can do.
    It all depends on how big your pests are...In most cases the Benjamin Discovery will fit the bill. But shot placement on larger animals is the key. There is a video on youtube of a guy taking a 100 pound hog with one shot from a .25cal Marauder.
    Check out Pyramid Air...also look for promo codes...I got 10 percent off my Marauder.

picture.php

Last edited:

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    New Palestine, IN
    I did a ton of research before buying my PCP. I ended up with a Benjamin Marauder .25cal and could not be more happy. It's pretty much my go-to varmint and everyday pinking gun. My beloved .17 HMRs have been relegated to dust collection in my safe. Don't be scared of the hand pump. There are not nearly as bad as everyone says. It's cost effective and a great way to enjoy your new gun. Trust me when I say, "it's not a toy!" Can't say enough good things about PCP guns.

I do own a really nice nitro piston as well, but much prefer the PCP.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I did a ton of research before buying my PCP. I ended up with a Benjamin Marauder .25cal and could not be more happy. It's pretty much my go-to varmint and everyday pinking gun. My beloved .17 HMRs have been relegated to dust collection in my safe. Don't be scared of the hand pump. There are not nearly as bad as everyone says. It's cost effective and a great way to enjoy your new gun. Trust me when I say, "it's not a toy!" Can't say enough good things about PCP guns.

I do own a really nice nitro piston as well, but much prefer the PCP.

I would say...If you don't weigh at least 150lbs you may have trouble getting those 3,000 psi

GARY T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    GREENWOOD IN
    Im lookin to get a .22 or. 25 cal air rifle for pest control but i dont know which id be better off gettin. Ive had a springer before and accuracy was almost imposible unless held exactly perfect. So what are the pros and cons of these two designs and which would you choose

Check out the Gateway to airguns form, Lots of info about all airrifles and mods and plenty of hunting stuff with photos:popcorn:

Ground hog taken with .25 pcp 50yard head shot

Last edited:
    Top Bottom