GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Birmingham Black Barons 1948- Willy Mays

*Sold to PapaScout *

In 1948, a fifteen year-old Willy Mays, lead the Birmingham Black Barons to the American League Championship of the Negro League (part of the National League Baseball system). He wore number '8' on his uniform that year.... his rookie year in professional baseball. By 1951, he was centerfielder for the (then) New York Giants.... and was named "Rookie of the Year".

This is a statuette, licensed by The Major League Baseball Properties.... portrays Willy Mays in his no. 8 uniform of the 1948 Birmingham Black Barons. It is one of a limited edition issued in 1994.... and the only one authorized by Mays, and Professional Baseball.

The piece is in excellent to mint condition. You may never see another one like it, for sale. It stands 6-1/2" tall, and portrays Willy standing 'next at bat' with the end of his bat resting on the grass as he leans on it.

My asking price for this rare piece, is $29 FTF in Indianapolis -or- $39 shipped and insured, w/ delivery confirmation. No PayPal. Preferred methods of payment are by certified funds or USPS money order. If you have exceptional FB here on INGO, or if I have done business with you before.... I will ship the next business day, upon receipt of your personal check.

BBBWillyMaysstatue001.jpg

BBBWillyMaysstatue003.jpg

BBBWillyMaysstatue004002.jpg

BBBWillyMaysstatue002.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom