• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have a question for those of you that beliieve in the absolute right to keep and bear arms. Should we go to a system that says no background checks required like they have in Chicago, Illinois. In Chicago the gang bangers just acquire a handgun and carry concealed. There are no restrictions on age, mental health or criminal background. I have known two otherwise "good" citizens of the Windy City who carried concealed or kept a handgun in the house for personal protection.

But on a more serious note, there is an open letter to the State of Kansas, allowing them to forego the NICS check for CC permit holders.

ATF Open Letter

I don't know how to imbed the link here.

My point is that we need to contact our Representatives and have them petition the feds for the same deal. I remember when this was the practice here in Indiana, a permit even trumped the 5 day waiting period when it was in affect.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Would there ba any resrtictions on who you would sell to?

If you are in business to make money what would keep you from selling to anyone.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Right now those gang members already have guns. It's the other folks who follow the law who don't have guns.

Think about a deregulated inner city. There are always more good people than bad. Personally, I think violence would decrease over the long term.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Convicted violent criminals.

Minors- most gang bangers who carry are.

Mental patients- Loughner. Problen was there were not any people inthe crowd who were carrying in the most de regulated state in the Union.

Someone with a restraining order for violence.

Don't get me wrong, I believe every propper person can and should carry.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Mental patients- Loughner. Problen was there were not any people inthe crowd who were carrying in the most de regulated state in the Union.

But who gets to decide who is proper? Definitely disagree with the one for restraining orders...anyone with a vengeful wife or girlfriend can lose their rights based only on a statement is just crazy

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So you do agree with the first three?

BTW sorry about the double posts. I don't know why that is happening and haven't been able to remove them.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Has anyone ever read "The Unabridged Second Amendment"? by J. Neil Schulman? It's a small piece written around an interview with a world renowned expert on English language usage.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    So you do agree with the first three?

BTW sorry about the double posts. I don't know why that is happening and haven't been able to remove them.
    No, I do not. If they are decent enough to be released their rights should be restored.

Minors.....would have to think on that and have some good debate with others. I would love to have my 16 year old son take a .38 with him when he goes walking with the girlfriend at night instead of a knife and pepper spray:twocents:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    E5

Current history says you are wrong in countries and cities where they completlt ban guns, gun crimes rise. New Zealand, England, Chicago for example.

I am only looking for an inteligent conversation.

AJ

As for who determines who is a propper person, you do.
    You live within the law that makes you a propper person.
    If you commit a violent crime you do not deserve the right to bear arms.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

I don't believe in creating government databases of "proper persons."

If you have served your time in prison, you are a free man again.

Stores can make their own rules about selling to minors.

I'd give Loughner the service-member's discount. The only reason he did that much damage was because he was walking around on a giant Gun-Free-Zone known as a Fort Hood. Military bases like to have centralized control over weapons, and keep them locked away from people in the Armory. You're not even allowed to have ammunition, if I understand correctly. The 2009 shooting illustrated how stupid it is to disarm people for "safety."

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    E5

Current history says you are wrong in countries and cities where they completlt ban guns, gun crimes rise. New Zealand, England, Chicago for example.

I am only looking for an inteligent conversation.

AJ

As for who determines who is a propper person, you do.
    You live within the law that makes you a propper person.
    If you commit a violent crime you do not deserve the right to bear arms.
    BF, very sorry. i will crawl back into my moms basement now and just continue to play with my alphabet blocks till I can learn my letters well enough to come back and play with you in your intelligent conversation that makes no sense at all to me. tell Mrs. Brady I said hi and she can touch my pee pee again anytime.

edit: i had to change your name.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom