No backscatter radiation or gropings done today. Opt out threat worked.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    TSA turns off naked body scanners to avoid opt-out day protests

This article is worth a full read. Lots of great info and some Zogby polling data showing just how pissed off people were coming into today.
    :rockwoot:

Downside is, they aren't going to let alone those machines be silent or horny TSA pedophile agents not get their rocks off seeing and feeling our children.

They'll probably start up their insanity again when everyone has "cooled down"

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Ah, that explains it. Some of my friends from college reported the same thing on Facebook. I know one friend who flew out of MIA said he only had to walk through a metal detector and didn't get sexually assaulted, either.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If it went unreported on the news, I wonder what would happen if for one day, the metal detectors were turned off, no backscatter, no feel-ups, no security at all, just had people walk through as if it was all still going. Think there'd be any attacks on any planes? I'm betting not.

Blessings,
    Bill

hick185

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    i don't expect to see this on the news. if if gets out that they turned off this new, "highly needed" security system on one of the busiest times and NOTHING HAPPENED people could say that, "if nothing happened the day it was off then they don't need it."
    did anyone hear that one of the guys off of mythbusters went through the body scanners with 2 foot long razor blades and TSA didn't catch it.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Just watched a tid bit on Foxnews and they said the protest was a bust. They did not even mention that the scanners were turned off.

Of course not! The government wants everyone to believe that the public fully accepts the infringements without complaint. Everyone who watches the news show is told "there were no incidents or complaints on the busiest travel day of the year," so they think they too, should just blithely accept the assaults, infringement, and indignity.

The government is never going to admit that the reason that there were few incidents, protests, or injuries is that they (the government) stopped the gross infringements.

Top Bottom