• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I saw on the news tonight that the FOP is doing a vote of no-confidence about the prosecutor and the courts.

While I agree with them, I have no idea what it means. What will be the result?

And how can you vote no-confidence about an entire court system?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    No Confidence votes are common in British Parliament (time for a new PM) and FOP's do this as well but without the turnover of the individual who lacks confidence. Remember the incredibly incompetent yet extremely arrogant former Sheriff of Broward County, Florida? Something like 80% voted no-confidence (what's up with the 20%??) for that walking ****-show.

"Lost faith and confidence in the Commander's ability to lead" is the standard statement when a Military Commander (one with Command authority, as in UCMJ/statutory authority) is relieved of command by a higher level commander. There is no de-frocking and sword breaking anymore.

I'm thinking it's a measure to show that an organization representing/made up of a specific population (in this case a population greatly affected) REALLY has big problems with the individual.

Maybe a LEO could chime in on the issue.

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    On the fire side we have had some of our local union‘s taken votes of no confidence in their fire chiefs in the past. Sometimes it will get the attention of the Mayor or Chief but most of the time the Chief will see it as a badge of honor and brag about it. Makes no sense but when it gets to that point when there is no trust between the rank and file and the leadership nothing is going to help until the next election.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I saw on the news tonight that the FOP is doing a vote of no-confidence about the prosecutor and the courts.

While I agree with them, I have no idea what it means. What will be the result?

And how can you vote no-confidence about an entire court system?
    It is more aimed at the Judges that operate the courts. For years they have refused to jail those that truly should be locked up. You are on probation for robbery, commit another robbery, and never see jail.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    It is more aimed at the Judges that operate the courts. For years they have refused to jail those that truly should be locked up. You are on probation for robbery, commit another robbery, and never see jail.

Makes sense. But it's the prosecutors also. People commit serious crimes, get released immediately on recognizance and go commit other ones right away. There are no consequences, so crime blossoms. Meanwhile police "leadership" in Dem-run cities don't back up their officers.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I'm not plugged into the Marion County criminal justice system, really just read about it here and from links posted here. But I would not be surprised if the prosecuter gets reelected. Also, sorry to say that I agree with the talking head behind the "news" desk, it would be helpful to know the total number of votes cast, or maybe the percentage of officers who cast a vote.

Top Bottom