• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    All the Thorntons let you pump without paying because the owner does not want to inconvenience those that wish to get their gas and then go into the store. They do have some stores that lose more than $1000 a month from drive offs though.

Cool Hand Luke

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All the Thorntons let you pump without paying because the owner does not want to inconvenience those that wish to get their gas and then go into the store. They do have some stores that lose more than $1000 a month from drive offs though.

Somebody else mentioned how it was an inconvenience....

I dont understand how....If youre going to go inside and pay cash anyways, how is it any more convenient to pay after pumping, rather than before?:dunno:

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    Because some people like to fill up their tanks and pay cash, you don’t know beforehand exactly how much it will be so you are forced to pay a lesser amount and make more stops at the gas station, or pay more than it will hold and go back in for the refund which is an extra trip inside. If there is a long line this could add extra time most people think they don’t have. I hate pre pay when I am on my motorcycle because it never takes very much but needs to be completely full. I usually avoid all this non sense by using my debit card. JMO

Somebody else mentioned how it was an inconvenience....

I dont understand how....If youre going to go inside and pay cash anyways, how is it any more convenient to pay after pumping, rather than before?:dunno:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Shoulda taken her gas, then, too.

I tried to syphon gas out of my 80 something horizon (after my brother rolled it), and couldn't get the hose into the tank. Stupid anti-syphon screen or baffle or whatever the heck is in there...

I assume modern cars are syphon-proof? maybe a bad assumption.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Should have second base slid under his car with a heavy duty chain and hook system, latched up the axle and waited for him to just rip it off as he tried to get away.... I can't tell you how many times I've done this....works every time!

YETB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Indy - West
    When i was a kid (1984) - worked at a Stop N Go out in the middle of nowhere -

1 night a guy we all knew - did the ol gas and go, but my wo-worker was out in the lot "sticking the tanks" at the time - without thinking my buddy went "javelin mode" and the measuring Rod went right through the rear hatch glass of the Dodge Omni the dude was driving.

My co-worker freaked- ran into the store yelling call the sheriff! We locked up and called the sheriff.

Instincts were correct- the would be gas thief went BERSERK trying to get in - very angry his car had been damaged.

The sheriff got there quickly and made the arrest right outside our store.

Our manager let us know to just get the info next time...

So i vote for you did the right thing

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    In order to respond to this issue properly you would have had to have been cc'ing your chain gun. Cut the car in half directly behind the drivers seat and then tell the attendant, "No need for thanks, just a concerned citizen trying to help out"!:rockwoot::ar15:

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    Believe it or not-back in the good ole days- business owners actually paid gas attendants to take your money at the pump -stopped most of this thievery.
    Before the business owners decided we can do the work ourselves and they can keep the pennies in THEIR pocket.
    Sorry-if they don't have pay-at-the pump-I'll go elsewhere to buy gas.I'm not going inside to buy their ridiculously overpriced merchandise.............

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Anti-gun "logic" tells us that you most likely would have drawn your weapon in anger and fired indiscriminate shots toward the vehicle and an unknown number of orphans and nuns in a large crowd directly behind the vehicle. Either this story is made up, or the anti-gun "logic" really is as stupid as it sounds.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Should have second base slid under his car with a heavy duty chain and hook system, latched up the axle and waited for him to just rip it off as he tried to get away.... I can't tell you how many times I've done this....works every time!
    Yeah, this works. And it's damn funny EVERYTIME :lmfao:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Myth Busters tried to rip the axle out of a Crown Vic. Broke their chains and cables every time. The only time it kind of worked was when they cut through most of the control arms, and even then, only one side failed. It was not nearly as cool as that scene in Porky's.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Myth Busters tried to rip the axle out of a Crown Vic. Broke their chains and cables every time. The only time it kind of worked was when they cut through most of the control arms, and even then, only one side failed. It was not nearly as cool as that scene in Porky's.

The main problemwith the MB was they were using a car with a 4-link rear end. Almost every movie car was a solid axle sitting on leaf springs. Those are pretty easy to yank out from under on. 4 small U-bolts are all that hold that rear end in place.

Top Bottom