• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Why don't you want to drill it? It will look like its supposed to be there?

Otherwise they make something that attach's where the front barrel band is... you can find it on either brownells or midway

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Why don't you want to drill it? It will look like its supposed to be there?

Otherwise they make something that attach's where the front barrel band is... you can find it on either brownells or midway

The barrel band mount is kind of a PITA. You will need a file and about an hour to get it to fit where the barrel band tightens down. I had to shave a little metal off of the mount and a little plastic off the band. Then you still have to drill into the stock for the other one.

Looking back, drilling is probably the way to go. Take your time and it will look fine.

Mosin-Me-Nagant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    A wood stock for a 10/22 is like $15 and you can get a gunsmith to drill it for $5 if you have a nice gunsmith like me.

roisigns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    cincy
    We got ones similar to this:
    gts1022facwood.jpg

At the Appleseed, the instructors loaned my sons some narrower military type slings. Most of the sling work was using a single attachment point (at the barrel) with the sling secured around the left upper arm as shown below. A zip tie secured the sling around the barrel/stock since our rifles lack swivels.

ayoob123-2.jpg

Last edited:

varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    Need to do the same on one for my son, only we've got the black synthetic stock. Any way to add swivels to that, or do I need to buy a wood one?

I just put swivels on my synthetic stock last night. It took me about 10 minutes just to make sure I was getting it centered. The swivel at the barrel band would not work without filing it down quite a bit so I just installed a swivel there as well.

anifong

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Marshall County, IN
    I just put swivels on my synthetic stock last night. It took me about 10 minutes just to make sure I was getting it centered. The swivel at the barrel band would not work without filing it down quite a bit so I just installed a swivel there as well.

Really - did you just drill a hole and screw the studs in? What exactly did you do on the front - install stud with swivel?

Bearclaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Anderson

Thanks. Been looking for the same info. I have the synthetic stock. Could you post some close up pics of the install.

Top Bottom